Overwatch 2 has just been released for PC and consoles, and while it’s free-to-play, you may find that you have to jump through a few hoops to get things up and running. If you’ve encountered the “Phone number already in use” error in Overwatch 2, here’s how to fix it.
Overwatch 2 “Phone Number Already In Use” Error Explained
This error should be pretty self-explanatory, but essentially, if you’re seeing this error when trying to bind your phone number to your Battle.net account, it means that your phone number has either already been bound to a separate account, or it’s not a valid number.
When this happens, you’ll need to check if you may have bound the number to another account, or check if you’re on a pre-paid plan.
With Blizzard announcing the SMS Protect feature, a number of players have reported being unable to register their numbers if they’re using a pre-paid SIM card or phone plan, whereas those using contracted lines haven’t had any issue.
If neither of the above applies to you, you may have to contact Blizzard’s customer support to get to the bottom of the issue and get your number bound to the account properly.
That’s all you need to know about how to fix the “Phone number already in use” error in Overwatch 2. Be sure to search for Twinfinite for more tips and information on the game, including how to get the Watchpoint Pack working, how the Battle Pass works, as well as our picks for the best skins in the game.
- Interview: Jen Cohn Talks Overwatch 2 Voice Acting, Love of the Gaming Community, & More
- Overwatch 2 Reveals Season 2 Content With Trailer Including Battle for Olympus Mode, Skins, & More
- Best Meta Comps for Overwatch 2
- Overwatch 2 Developer Discusses New Hero Ramattra’s Design & Gameplay
- New Overwatch 2 Hero Ramattra Brings Forth His Justice in Gameplay Trailer