One of the members of the Arthurian Pantheon, Morgan Le Fey is an evil sorceress bent on destroying King Arthur. Introduced into the world of the MOBA game Smite, Morgan combines three types of magical abilities: mind, body, and soul. This means that among other mages in Smite, she has a few more options with her abilities and adds her own thematic effects. Here’s how to build Morgan Le Fay for Competitive Smite Conquest to enjoy her maximum potential as a mage. Before diving in, though, let’s briefly look at what makes Morgan so special.
She has one of – if not the highest – damaging magical AoE attacks in the game with her second ability. It also knocks enemies up and away for added crowd control and self-peel. The more enemies you can mark with her sigils, the more the game will reward you when using her consuming power. Her attacks also benefit from various crowd control making her an aggressive threat who works well with your assassin and hunter teammates. Finally, as a mage, she’s an exceptional balance of offense and support for your team comp because she has powerful Area of Effect (AoE) abilities that hit multiple enemies in a large radius paired with multiple Crown Control (CC) effects that negatively hinder the status of your enemies, unlike most other mages.
Building Morgan Le Fay in Smite for the Early Game
When it comes to building your characters in Smite, it all boils down to the permanent equipment items you choose to buy. All players start with a fixed amount of gold, so you’ll need to spend it wisely. You have enough gold to spend on at least two starting items, and you should have some leftover to buy some generic consumable items like potions. Finally, every character gets two free relic items that have a specific ability, one in the beginning of the game, and the second later in the game.
- Sands of Time – You’ll want to begin by increasing your cooldown right from the get-go since you’ll need to repeatedly hit enemies to mark them for your consuming power ability. This starter item puts you on that path with a +10% cooldown reduction, but it also buffs you with +25 magical power, +10 MP5, and a passive that gives you an additional 2 MP5 per 10% of your missing mana. With this item, you’ll be able to clear waves quickly, damage the enemy mid-laner, and regain a good amount of mana in the early game.
- Lost Artifact – Getting this as your second item will keep you committed to the path of fast and maximum cooldown when you upgrade it to its level 3 tier Chronos’ Pendant, but more on that later. For now, focus on its +20 magical power and +5 MP5 that’ll make sure you can quickly clear early waves for gold and XP while regaining a considerable amount of mana.
Thanks to the MP5 of these two items, you won’t need mana potions, but you can risk saving some of your leftover gold but make sure to buy 1-3 healing potions in case you find yourself getting ganked early or being out-poked by the enemy mid-laner. Starting relics are always based on playstyle, preference, and the enemies on the opposing team, but Purification Beads are always a safe choice.
Building Morgan Le Fay in Smite for the Mid Game
After saving up gold and returning to your fountain, you’ll be able to move into the second phase of the match. During the mid-game, you’ll want to complete these items to truly become a force to be reckoned with.
- Chronos’ Pendant (total gold 2700) – As the first item you complete to tier 3 from your Lost Artifact, you’ll be set for cooldown and MP5 for quite some time. This item gives you a +20% cooldown reduction which is halfway to the maximum capacity, but it also has a self-countdown timer that reduces 1 second from all your cooldown every 10 seconds. You’ll get +90 magical power, which is decent, but lower than other tier items, however, the +20 MP5 will make up for it combined with the fact that you can activate your items more frequently thanks to your cooldown. With your mana replenishing quickly, you’ll be firing off your abilities and overwhelming your enemies.
- Divine Ruin (total gold 2200) – At tier 3, build this from the Enchanted Spear at tier 2 and Magic Focus at tier 1, to start doing some major damage. This item buffs you with +100 magical power and +15 magical penetration meaning more of your damage will go through the defense stats of your enemies. The main attribute of this item is the passive that reduces the healing of your enemies by 40% for 5 seconds after you hit them with one of your abilities. Normally, this is a great item for mages when the opposing team is running healers and plenty of lifesteal, though it’s a must-have for Morgan Le Fay because it’s a cheap item that gives you power and penetration, and although she has burst potential, enemies can out damage her even with minimal healing potions and lifesteal items.
- Soul Reaver (total gold 2650) – Towards the end of the mid-game, you’ll want to get the tier 1 Spellbook, upgrade it to the Book of Souls, and finish it with the Soul Reaver. As Morgan Le Fay, you’ll want to be able to damage the entire enemy team, so that means you’ll need to start thinking about guardians and warriors. With this item, you’ll gain +95 magical power and +300 mana, and while the maximum mana boost is more than welcome, it’s all about Soul Reaver’s passive. Your abilities will now deal an additional 2% of the target’s maximum health as magical damage. If they have over 200 health, this bonus scales up to a max of 9% at 2750 health, but do half damage over the next 3 seconds. What this really means is that as guardians and warriors gain more health, you’ll be able to compensate for that with the additional damage this item helps you deal.
Endgame Build for Morgan Le Fay in Conquest
For the endgame, it’s all about making sure your damage is at its maximum potential and it can penetrate the defense of all enemies on the battlefield.
- Obsidian Shard (total gold 2450) – At this point, enemy warriors and guardians will be close to their maximum defense and health. You’ll want this item with a +100 magical power boost to bring your damage to the top level so that opposing mages, assassins, and hunters will go down to your abilities quickly. At the same time, the +20% magical penetration with the passive that gives you an additional +10% penetration every 10 seconds will make sure that you’re ready to deal with any enemy with high magical defense.
- Perfect Rod of Tahuti (total gold 3600) – Being the most expensive item in your kit, this is well worth it. You’ll be rewarded with a whopping +135 magical power and +10% magical penetration, and just in case you didn’t have fast enough mana regeneration, you get another +30 MP5. This item is also the perfect finisher when eliminating enemies thanks to a passive that does an additional +25% magical power against targets that are at or below 50% of their health threshold. You also get to activate the glyph effect that marks them for 3 seconds and then boosts you with +10% movement speed for 2 seconds and reduces cooldowns by 1.5 seconds when you hit them again.
- Pendulum of the Ages (total gold 2200) – At level 20, you can upgrade this to its final tier 2 form that will first and foremost give you +20% cooldown to the maximum cap. That means you’ll be casting your abilities all over the place as fast as possible with an added +90 magical power. You also get more mana boost with +20 MP5 and a passive that grants you 4 more MP5 per 10% of your used mana and 10 magical power per 10% of your available mana. With this item completing your build, you’ll be an absolute menace on the battlefield.
Now that you’ve learned how to Build Morgan Le Fay For Competitive Smite Conquest, you’re ready to take on the competition. Enjoy tearing up your opponents and helping your team attain victory. Morgan Le Fay has a steep learning curve, but has one of the most versatile kits in the game. Give her a try or continue to master her with this guide. You can also check out our guides for Scylla and Thanatos to help you keep up with the competition.
- How to Build Thanatos for Competitive Smite Conquest
- Best Scylla Build in Smite For Competitive Conquest
- How to Get Smite PTS on Xbox & PlayStation Consoles, PC
- Charybdis Revealed To Be the Newest Smite Playable Character
- SMITE Adds Stranger Things Characters in New Crossover This July