Treyarch’s iterations of Call of Duty titles have been known for introducing many memorable innovations to the long-standing FPS with the team’s Zombies mode being one of the many high points. Featuring plenty of easter eggs to discover, one of the best-hidden secrets lies in the trenches of Origins as players discover four Elemental staffs to turn the tide in their favor. In case you’re interested in discovering those staffs of power, here’s what you need to know on how to get and upgrade one of the four Wonder Weapons, the Staff of Fire, in Zombies Chronicles.
Building the Staff of Fire
The process to build the Fire Staff in Call of Duty: Zombies Chronicles is a long one yet the trade-off is worth it as its power is unmatched. It is important to note that for any and every Elemental Staff, you must find the gramophone and a black record. This grants access to the lower levels of the Excavation Site and the Crazy Place.
The gramophone can be found in the middle level of Excavation Site, on the floor near a table. The black record can be in one of three spots around the Excavation Site:
- On a ledge near the stairs leading to the top of the site.
- On a ledge behind the site, laying on a box in front of the church.
- In the site, on top of a wheelbarrow full of blue crystals.
The Fire Staff requires a Red Record with the location of said record being in one of three spots:
- In the Church, between the Tank and the staircase.
- In the Church, in a pile of burning pews on the 2nd floor.
- In the Church, on top of some boxes near Generator 6 and the challenge chest.
Once you have those two items, you’ll need three separate parts to forge the Fire Staff.
- After powering up Generator 6, a box will appear that will give you the Head Piece.
- The Staff Piece will be granted by shooting down a plane that is on fire. The piece will fall near the Soul Chest in the Excavation Site.
- Defeat the Panzer Soldat in round 8 to secure the End Piece.
After claiming all three of those items, take the pieces to the Fire Tunnel which is located near Generator 1. Place the gramophone on the table, and it will open up the Crazy Place allowing you to grab the elemental crystal needed for your staff.
After grabbing the crystal head back to the lowest level of the Excavation Site, and you will be able to forge the Fire Staff.
Fire Staff Upgrade & Fire Staff Code
Following the creation of the staff, the next part will see you upgrading it to its full potential. In order to do that, you must complete four different steps:
- Head to the Crazy Place, and stand on the metal pad that is in the Fire Place. Using the Fire Staff kill 30 zombies while inside the metal pad. A voice will congratulate you when this step is complete.
- Head on over to the Church, and in the back corner, you’ll see on the walls there are seven symbols. Each symbol that is lit up corresponds to a torch in the Church basement with the number four always being a consistent torch. Use the below image as reference.
- After the torch sequence, head back to the lowest floor of the Excavation Site. There will be four switches that need to be turned on in order to turn the four rings red. Once all the rings are red, head underneath the floating rings and shoot the red orb with your staff.
- Enter the Crazy Place, and put your staff into it’s corresponding pedestal. You’ll need to kill 20 zombies to fully charge the staff. Once that’s done, the Fire Staff will be fully upgraded for use.
That’s all you need to know on how to build and upgrade the Fire Staff in Zombies Chronicles’ Origins map. There are three other staffs in total. If you’re interested, check out how to get the Wind Staff. Also, be sure check out our top ten favorite Call of Duty: Zombies maps. Or head on over and check out the new Umbrella Academy cosmetic hitting Call of Duty: Warzone.
- What Is the DMZ Mode Coming to Call of Duty? Explained
- Is Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Cross Gen? Answered
- How To Get Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Twitch Drops
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (2022) Release Date
- How Many Missions Are There in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2? Answered