There are many key items that you’ll pick up over the course of your adventure in Elden Ring, and the game doesn’t always make it clear what you’re supposed to do with them. And this is where we come in. Here’s how to get the Tonic of Forgetfulness in Elden Ring, and what you can do with it.
Getting the Tonic of Forgetfulness in Elden Ring
- Reach the Volcano Manor.
You can do this by either completing Rya’s little quest in Liurnia of the Lakes and meeting her at the Lux Ruins in the Altus Plateau, or by hiking up Mt. Gelmir and getting there on foot.
- Speak to Tanith and agree to join the Recusants.
- Pick up your first assassination quest in the drawing room and assassinate Old Knight Istvan.
- Return to Volcano Manor and speak with Rya in the room opposite the one where you picked up the letter and Recusant Finger.
She’ll be in her snake form at this point and will reveal more details about her past.
- Pick up and complete your second assassination quest and assassinate Rileigh the Idle.
- Return to Volcano Manor and speak with Rya.
She’ll tell you that she’s been hearing noises in the walls and ask you to investigate. Roll through the illusory wall in the room opposite the drawing room to find a secret passage leading to the Prison Town Church Site of Grace.
- Return to Rya, who is now referred to as Zorayas, and tell her what you found.
- Speak with Tanith and tell her about Zorayas’ troubles.
- Progress through the Prison Town Church area and defeat the Godskin Noble, and pick up the Serpent’s Amnion item.
- Give the Serpent’s Amnion to Zorayas, then reset the area to get her to leave.
- Speak with Tanith and ask about Zorayas’ absence.
Tanith will then give you the Tonic of Forgetfulness, and ask you to give it to Zorayas.
- Head to the top of the Temple of Eiglay and jump off the balcony to access a new area.
You’ll find Zorayas in a small room near the lava.
- You can choose to give Zorayas the Tonic of Forgetfulness here, or leave her be.
What the Tonic of Forgetfulness Does
There are three possible outcomes to Zorayas’ quest in Elden Ring, and it comes down to what you decide to do with the Tonic of Forgetfulness.
If you give it to Zorayas, she’ll go to sleep. After killing Rykard, you can return to Volcano Manor to find that everyone has left. You’ll find Zorayas in the drawing room where you can talk to her until you’ve exhausted her dialogue. Reset the area, and you’ll find the Daedicar’s Woe talisman where she was standing.
If you choose not to give it to her, you can speak with her again after killing Rykard. Reset the area, and she’ll leave behind the Daedicar’s Woe talisman as well as a letter.
Finally, if you decide to kill her for whatever reason, she’ll transform back into a snake and drop the Daedicar’s Woe talisman.
That’s all you need to know about how to get the Tonic of Forgetfulness and what it does in Elden Ring. Be sure to check our guide wiki for more tips and information on the game.
- Have You Ever Beaten All Soulsborne Games, Sekiro, & Elden Ring Without Taking a Single Hit? This Streamer Has
- This Indie Game Got Almost as Many Nominations as Elden Ring at The Game Awards
- Best Games Like Elden Ring
- Elden Ring Patch 1.07.1 Nerfs a Defensive Ash of War
- Elden Ring Getting Special Jazz Music Concert