Elden Ring is the latest action-RPG from FromSoftware, and it brings back that chunky Souls combat that fans should be familiar with. It also features a large open-world for players to explore, and introduces a new crafting system that makes it more accessible for newcomers. There are still plenty of mysteries to uncover in this game, along with NPCs with unique backstories and questlines. Here’s how to complete Blaidd’s questline in Elden Ring.
Elden Ring Blaidd NPC Questline Guide
Blaidd is the large wolf man NPC you’ve seen in all of the promotional art, and he’s a friendly face that you can meet in the Lands Between as well. It’s important to note that while we’ve gotten pretty far into his questline, we’ve yet to see it through to his conclusion, and will update this guide once we do.
For now, here are all the steps you need to take to progress his story:
- Meet Melina and unlock the ability to level up.
- Head to the Church of Elleh and speak with Renna to get the Spirit Calling Bell.
- Travel to the Mistwood Ruins in East Limgrave to find Blaidd sitting at the top of the ruined tower howling.
- Head back to the Church of Elleh and speak with Kale about the howling man.
Kale will give you the Finger Snap! gesture, and ask you to use it when you see the wolf man again.
- Go back to the Mistwood Ruins where Blaidd is, and use the Finger Snap! gesture when you’re directly underneath him.
This will prompt Blaidd to jump down from the tower, allowing you to interact with him.
- Speak with Blaidd, and he’ll tell you that he’s hunting someone named Darriwil.
- Head to the Forlorn Hound Evergaol in East Limgrave.
Activate the pedestal there to enter a boss arena, and touch the nearby summon sign to get Blaidd’s help in the fight against Darriwil.
- After defeating Darriwil, Blaidd will be found just standing to the side of the arena. Speak with him.
Blaidd will reward you with a Somber Smithing Stone  for your help in locating Darriwil.
- Speak with Blaidd again, and he’ll mention a blacksmith who can be found on the Road to the Manor.
The Road is located in the northwestern part of Liurnia of the Lakes, where you can find War Counselor Iji. Tell him Blaidd sent you, and this will unlock the Carian Filigreed Crest for purchase.
- In order to continue Blaidd’s questline, you’ll then need to head to the tower in the northwestern region of Liurnia of the Lakes to speak with Ranni the Witch.
The tower is located in Three Sisters, specifically in the tower named Ranni’s Rise, which is the center tower. Here, you’ll need to speak with Ranni to start a new questline, and she’ll ask you to meet Blaidd in Siofra River.
Be warned, however, that in order to get to Ranni’s Rise, you’ll need to fight your way through the Carian Manor.
- Take the elevator located just east of the Mistwood Ruins to head underground to Siofra River.
Make your way through the ruined temple to find another elevator leading up. Get past the crabs, and rest at the Site of Grace, then continue northwards past the ancestral followers to find Blaidd standing near the edge. Speak with him, and he’ll mention that Seluvis might have an idea as to how to get to the city of Nokron.
- Head back to Selivus’s Rise at the Three Sisters.
Selivus will tell you that a sorceress might have some clue on how to proceed.
- Head to the Waypoint Ruins, and access the cellar to find Sorceress Sellen.
Sellen will tell you that the way to Nokron is currently blocked off, and the only way to proceed is to defeat Radahn, who’s located in Caelid.
This is part of the main story, so if you haven’t already, start exploring Caelid and progressing in that area to get to Radahn.
- Upon defeating Radahn, a cutscene will play. Return to East Limgrave and head to Fort Haight.
You’ll see a large hole in the ground next to Fort Haight. Descend into the hole to find the entrance to Nokron, the Eternal City.
- Before entering Nokron, head to the Road to the Manor Site of Grace and speak with Iji and ask him about Blaidd.
- Head to Forlorn Evergaol and activate it to speak with Blaidd.
At this point, you have a choice to make: you can either free him or leave him inside. Iji explains that he locked Blaidd up because once Ranni completes her quest, he will no longer have any control over his actions and will turn hostile towards her. Whichever option you choose, you’ll be able to proceed into Nokron to continue Ranni’s questline, where you’ll obtain the Fingerslayer Blade for her.
There are more steps to Ranni’s questline past getting the Fingerslayer Blade, and you’ll need to complete all of them before Blaidd shows up again.
- After completing Ranni’s questline and obtaining the Dark Moon Greatsword, head back to Ranni’s Rise to find Blaidd standing outside.
He’ll be hostile at this point, and you can kill him for his armor set.
- Twitch Streamer Plays Elden Ring Using Nothing But Her Mind
- Naked Elden Ring Player Counter’s Placidusax’ Attack With Chaotic Results
- Test Your Knowledge of the Lands Between in This Elden Ring GeoGuessr
- Best Elden Ring Sex Mods: Adult, Nude & Sexy
- How to Beat Margit, the Fell Omen in Elden Ring