While Guerrilla Games‘ Horizon Forbidden West retain a strong narrative that will lead players on a merry adventure across the world, there is still some room for added customization if you prefer. From Aloy’s gear to her skills, players have the opportunity to stamp their mark on the heroine. However, there is also more cosmetic changes, such as dyeing one’s armour or even putting on some face paint. If the latter is what you are interested in, here is a useful guide on what are face paints and how to use them in Horizon Forbidden West.
What Face Paints Are in Horizon Forbidden West
Face paints are essentially unlockable cosmetics that you can apply to Aloy to have her sport different looks in both battles and in conversations. They serve no other gameplay purpose, but it is definitely a good way to show your liking for the various tribes that call the West home.
You can unlock face paints through completing quests, errands, and levelling up.
- Visit a Painter found in settlements like Scalding Spear
- Choose your favorite face paint, and apply it for 10 Metal Shards. Removal costs 1 Metal Shard.
By wearing your allegiance on your face, you can add some personal flavor to the proceedings. The choice between Nora, Tenakth, Utaru, Oseram, Banuk and Carja is a hard one to make, but having more choice is always better.
That is everything you need to know about what are face paints and how to use them in Horizon Forbidden West. For even more tips and tricks on the rest of the game, including the things to do in the game first, utilizing the Valor Surges effectively, or how to use the Pullcaster, be sure to check out our Guide Wiki for the game. There is also related content below which you can enjoy.
If you have any other questions that are not answered, be sure to leave them in the comments below so we can get to them.
- Horizon Forbidden West: How to Start New Game Plus & What Carries Over
- Horizon Forbidden West: How to Respec Skill Points
- Horizon Forbidden West: How to Unlock Shining Wastes Tallneck
- Horizon Forbidden West: Best Skills to Get First
- Horizon Forbidden West: How to Upgrade Weapons