FromSoftware’s latest game marks its first foray into open-world level design, with The Lands Between easily the largest single environment ever seen in one of its games. As you’d expect, navigating its expanse entirely on foot isn’t especially practical and so there’s a four-legged companion to move you from A to B quickly, if fast travel isn’t an option. Here’s how to summon your horse mount (Torrent) in Elden Ring.
How to Summon Your Horse in Elden Ring
After meeting Melina, which happens fairly early on in Limgrave, she gives you the Spectral Steed Whistle, which is the item required to summon Torrent. Once you have it, follow these steps:
- After having received the Spectral Steed Whistle from Melina (in Limgrave), equip it to your item slot. This can be done via the inventory screen (press the option button and select inventory) or by cycling your quick-slot items by using the d-pad.
- With the item selected, use Square/X to summon Torrent.
Do note that Torrent is not invulnerable and can be damaged by enemies. If Torrent’s HP falls to zero, you can summon him again, but you’ll need to use a Crimson Flask to bring him back.
If you have a specific question you cannot find an answer to anywhere on the site then do feel free to reach out in the comment section below and we’ll do our best to lend a hand.
- Have You Ever Beaten All Soulsborne Games, Sekiro, & Elden Ring Without Taking a Single Hit? This Streamer Has
- This Indie Game Got Almost as Many Nominations as Elden Ring at The Game Awards
- Best Games Like Elden Ring
- Elden Ring Patch 1.07.1 Nerfs a Defensive Ash of War
- Elden Ring Getting Special Jazz Music Concert