Dying Light 2 blends zombie-killing combat with fluid parkour traversal in a post-apocalyptic world. These aren’t your normal, slow-walking zombies, though. The Infected are quick and agile and will clamber up buildings, jump across gaps and do whatever it takes to feast on your brains. In the nighttime especially, they’ll leave their lairs to hunt you down. As such, you may want to take refuge in the safety of daytime when completing quests. Here’s how to change time of day in Dying Light 2.
Changing Time of Day in Dying Light 2
- Go to one of the Safe Zones
These are marked on your map with a green house icon.
- Find a Resting Place
These are found within Safe Zones and are marked on your HUD with a green bed icon.
- Press Square/ X/ E to interact with the Resting Place and sleep
This will change the time of day, taking you to the very beginning of the next phase. For example, if it’s nighttime, you’ll wake up in the daytime, and vice-versa.
Being able to change time of day in Dying Light 2 is particularly useful, as in the nighttime, the Infected will leave their lairs and hunt for survivors. This means you’ll be able to freely explore these lairs without fear of being mauled alive. Just remember to turn your flashlight on and make sure your Immunity doesn’t run out!
Similarly, if you’d just rather explore in the safety of daylight, you can quickly rest and wake up at the start of the daytime hours so you’re not needlessly waiting around for ages to continue with the quest at hand.
That’s everything you need to know on how to change time of day in Techland’s latest open world RPG. For more tips, tricks and guides, head over to our wiki or see more of our coverage on the game below.
- Are There Cheats in Dying Light 2? Answered
- Dying Light 2: How to Get Authority Pack Axe & Clothes Free DLC
- Dying Light 2: How to Get Cyber Hands 2177
- Dying Light 2 Level Caps: What the Combat & Parkour, Player Rank, & Health Max Level Caps Are
- Dying Light 2 Mission List: All Story Missions to Complete the Game