Battlefield is one of the most popular first-person shooter franchises from EA and DICE, and it’s back this year with another new entry. Titled Battlefield 2042, players will be taken to the not-so-distant future to participate in tons of fun multiplayer modes such as the popular Breakthrough and Conquest modes, as well as a new team-based, survival-focused mode called Hazard Zone. Communication is key, so here’s how to spot & ping in Battlefield 2042.
How to Spot & Ping in Battlefield 2042
While having a headset and mic connected will always be the best way for you to communicate with your teammates, you can get around that issue with the ping or spotting system in-game as well.
To spot & ping items or points of interest to your teammates, all you have to do is hit the R1 button (RB on Xbox, and Q on PC) while looking at something. This will bring the item or location to your teammates’ attention, allowing them to be aware of it.
You can also hit the button twice in rapid succession to warn them of danger if you happen to see an enemy lurking nearby.
In addition to that, you can also hold down the button to access the Commo Rose system, which is basically Battlefield’s version of key phrases that will allow you to communicate with your teammates in a variety of ways. While holding down the button, you can then select from a bunch of preset phrases to tell your teammates something more specific or ask for assistance.
- Battlefield 2042 Update Adds New Weekly Missions, &Lots of Bug Fixes
- New Battlefield 2042 Update Brings Balancing Tweaks & Critical Fixes
- Battlefield 2042 Review – All-Out Chaos
- EA: “Tremendous Demand” for Battlefield 2042 Following Beta; Excited for Live Service Plans
- New Battlefield 2042 Gameplay Trailer Showcases New Look at Battlefield Portal in Action