Evolving Pokemon depends on several different factors, including their state of happiness. This is an attribute you can increase by engaging with them in certain activities, though there’s no way of telling to what extent you have increased or decreased it unless you know where to look. Here’s how to use the Friendship Checker in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.
For those who don’t know, just as is the case for many of the Poketch apps, you will receive the Friendship Checker as part of the game’s main story after having arrived at Eterna City. Get it by entering the Pokemon Center and speaking with the woman in the middle of the room. The application will then be added to your Poketech device.
How to Use Friendship Checker in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
Open your Poketech device by pressing R, and then cycle across to the Friendship Checker application. You will then see all the Pokemon in your party moving about on the small screen, and you will notice that you can move the cursor around to hover over the top of them.
If you do this while holding A, hearts will come out of the Pokemon you are hovering over, and the number of hearts you see essentially determines their happiness level. The more hearts there are, the happier your Pokemon are.
Of course, in turn, you can then get a better idea of how close each Pokemon is to evolving into its next form.
You should note that you’ll only see the Pokemon in your party on the app screen, meaning that if you want to check your friendship level with a Pokemon you have deposited in a Box, you will need to place it into your party beforehand.
How to Increase Friendship
There are several ways to increase your friendship level with a Pokemon, including:
- Walking or cycling. Since friendship increases every 200 or so steps, you can speed up the process by cycling around.
- Use a Soothe Bell, which increases friendship points by double. You can find one in the Pokemon Mansion along Route 212.
- Visit the masseur in Veilstone City and give your Pokemon a massage.
That should give you everything you need to know about how to use the Friendship Checker in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl. For more useful tips and guides on the game, be sure to check out our guide wiki. You should also see some related content below that may prove helpful.
As always, if you have a question about a specific topic not answered anywhere on the site, do feel free to reach out in the comment section below and we’ll do our best to lend a hand.
- Yet Another Dupe Glitch Has Surfaced in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
- Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Speedrunner Finishes Pokedex in One Day
- Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Speedrunners are Now Beating the Game in Under an Hour
- Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Review – A Lackluster Gem
- 5 Beginner Tips & Tricks for Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl