New World is an ambitious pirate-themed MMORPG developed and published by Amazon Games, and it’s set in a fantastical world called Aeturnum that’s being taken over by an affliction called the Corruption. There are factions to join, as well as a vast open-world to explore, and eventually you’re going to want to fast travel to various locations. Here’s how to get Azoth in New World.
Azoth is a special type of currency you can obtain in New World, and it’s primarily used for fast traveling and crafting. You have a cap of 1,000 Azoth, which means that if you earn anymore beyond that limit, it’ll essentially go to waste. However, you’ll soon find that earning Azoth is actually pretty tricky in New World.
Getting Azoth in New World
Here are some methods to help you farm it up quickly:
- Completing main story quests
- Killing enemies with a blue glow around them
- Imbuing your tools and weapons with the Azoth Extraction ability
- Closing Corruption portals
First off, the main story quests will reward you with a considerable amount of gold and Azoth, so it’s recommended that you do these as soon as you meet the level requirements. Of course, you’ll eventually run out of quests to do, so you’ll need to make sure that you can find other methods of farming it in New World.
As you explore the open-world, you’ll inevitably come across Corrupted enemies with a light blue glow around them. Killing them will give you a chance of earning some Azoth, and if you can craft weapons and tools for yourself, you can also imbue them with Azoth for a chance of rolling the Azoth Extraction ability, which gives you even more.
Finally, once you’ve obtained the Staff of Azoth through the main story, you can also start closing Corruption portals on the world map. It’s recommended that you do these with other players as they can be very difficult, but these will reward you with tons of Azoth as well.
That’s all you need to know about how to get Azoth in New World. Be sure to check our guide wiki for more tips and information on the game.
- New World Players are Mass Reporting Each Other to Win Faction Wars
- New World’s Server Transfer Feature Gets Delayed; Players No Longer Able to Transfer Between Regions
- Here’s How Big New World’s Map Size Is (Measured)
- No, New World Doesn’t Need a ‘Better’ Fast Travel System
- New World’s Impressive Sound Design Makes Me Want To Mine Rocks Forever