Over Limits and Mystic Artes are staples in the Tales Of franchise and Tales of Arise brings them back in slightly different ways. They’re useful gameplay features to make use of in battle, so you should know exactly how to make use of them. Here’s how to use Over Limit and Mystic Artes in Tales of Arise.
Using Over Limit in Tales of Arise
Unlike in previous games, you’ll enter Over Limit state automatically in Tales of Arise.
When in Over Limit, you’ll be fully surrounded by a blue aura and your Artes Gauge (AG) will become a meter that slowly depletes over time.
This means that your artes no longer cost AG, so you can string combos together as you please while it’s active.
How to Use Mystic Artes
Mystic Artes are special abilities that can only be done while Over Limit is active.
After landing an arte while in Over Limit, hold down two arte buttons at once to activate a Mystic Arte that will play out in a short cutscene.
Some Mystic Artes can only be used after completing a combo that links multiple different artes.
Once you use a Mystic Arte, you’ll automatically exit Over Limit in Tales of Arise. So try to make use of the unlimited AG to perform multiple combos before activating a Mystic Arte and ending your temporary power-up.
You can also have a look at the related articles below to see even more of our Tales of Arise coverage.
- Tales of Arise Has Shipped 1 Million Copies; It’s the Fastest-Selling Game of the Franchise
- Tales of Arise Launch Trailer Marks the First Step of an Epic JRPG Adventure
- Tales of Arise Gets New Trailer & Gorgeous Artwork to Celebrate Release
- Tales of Arise Review – Tales Older Than Time
- Tales of Arise Gets New Trailer All About Kisara & Dohalim