By design, you’ll always be playing multiplayer in New World, given it’s… you know, a massively multiplayer online game. However, if you want to go questing and adventuring with your friends, rather than BigDong69 and the like, then you’re in the right place. Here’s how to play with friends in New World.
Playing with Friends in New World
First things first, you’re going to need to make sure you and your friend(s) are on the same server. If you’re not, you won’t be able to join one another’s game and play with each other.
We advise discussing which server you’re going to join with your friends before creating your character on New World, just so you nobody will have to lose progress.
You then have two options to play with friends in New World. You can either:
- Find them in the game, open up their player menu and select the ‘Invite to Group’ option.
- Go to the Social screen (press O on your keyboard), search their player name, and choose the ‘Invite to Group’ option from here.
We’d also recommend adding them as a friend from their player menu, just to make it easier to link up and play New World together again in the future.
Once you’ve invited them to your group and they’ve accepted, you’ll then be all set to go adventuring off into the sunset together… and slay some Corrupted.
- New World Players are Mass Reporting Each Other to Win Faction Wars
- New World’s Server Transfer Feature Gets Delayed; Players No Longer Able to Transfer Between Regions
- Here’s How Big New World’s Map Size Is (Measured)
- No, New World Doesn’t Need a ‘Better’ Fast Travel System
- New World’s Impressive Sound Design Makes Me Want To Mine Rocks Forever