Amazon Games’ first MMORPG doesn’t stray too far from the same design as many other games in the genre, but one of its more unique attributes is its faction mechanic. Three different factions fight for control of the mysterious island of Aeternum, and players are able to directly contribute to their growth and influence. One of the big early decisions tasks you with choosing one of these three different factions, but thankfully whichever you choose isn’t written in stone. Here’s how to chance factions in New World if you’ve had a change of heart.
How to Change Factions in New World
As mentioned above, there are three different New World factions:
- The Syndicate: A secret organization that wants to create enlightenment through forbidden knowledge.
- The Covenant: A zealous faction determined to promote holiness by removing heretics.
- The Marauders: A military faction devoted to creating freedom through conquest.
During the early stages of the game’s story, you will choose one to ally yourself, but you aren’t tied to them permanently. You can change faction once every 120 in-game days.
To change Faction, go to the ‘Character’ screen by pressing ‘K’ and then go to the ‘Bio’ tab. You can then select the ‘Change Faction’ option at the bottom of the left-hand side of this screen.
That does it for how to change factions in New World. For more tips and guides on the game, be sure to check our guide wiki. Alternatively, you should also see some related content for the game below that may prove useful. For any questions you have that aren’t answered on the site, do feel free to reach out in the comment section below and we’ll do our best to lend a hand.
- New World Players are Mass Reporting Each Other to Win Faction Wars
- New World’s Server Transfer Feature Gets Delayed; Players No Longer Able to Transfer Between Regions
- Here’s How Big New World’s Map Size Is (Measured)
- No, New World Doesn’t Need a ‘Better’ Fast Travel System
- New World’s Impressive Sound Design Makes Me Want To Mine Rocks Forever