Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin is the brand new entry in Capcom’s long-running action game franchise with a small twist: it’s a turn-based JRPG instead, and it features a much heavier emphasis on story and narrative. The game still revolves around fighting monsters and getting their parts to craft better armor; it’s just done in a slightly different way. Here’s how to skip cutscenes and dialogue in Monster Hunter Stories 2.
Skipping Cutscenes and Dialogue in Monster Hunter Stories 2
Because this is a much more story-focused game than your typical Monster Hunter game, you can expect lots of cutscenes and talkative NPCs in this one. If you don’t really care for the story, however, you can always skip it.
During an animated cutscene, all you have to do is press and hold the + button on the Switch to completely skip a cutscene. We recommend not doing this if you’re playing through the game for the first time, but if you just want to get to the combat quickly, feel free to skip.
In between cutscenes and story beats, you’ll also have the occasional chat with various NPCs via voiced dialogue and text boxes. These scenes can’t be skipped with the + button, so you’ll just have to mash through the text with the A or B buttons.
You can also hit the X button to toggle auto-advance on and off. This makes it so that after a voiced line is complete, the game will automatically advance to the next line without needing any button inputs from you.
That’s all you need to know about how to skip cutscenes and dialogue in Monster Hunter Stories 2. Be sure to search for Twinfinite for more tips and information on the game.
- Monster Hunter Stories 2 Officially Sells Over 1 Million Copies on Switch and PC
- 3 Reasons Why You Should Play Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin
- Monster Hunter Stories 2 for Nintendo Switch & PC Gets New Character Trailer Introducing Ena & Kyle
- Monster Hunter Stories 2 for Nintendo Switch and PC Gets New Character Trailer Introducing Reverto
- Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin Review – Monstie Hunting