Medi-Gel is the futuristic consumable that allows Commander Shepard and co. to heal up in Mass Effect. But where do you get Medi-Gel? How do you increase the amount you can carry at any given time, and how do you use it? We’ve got the answers to all of that right here.
Where to Get Medi-Gel in Mass Effect 1
Medi-Gel can be found in containers and aid stations during missions, or purchased from merchants you come across on your adventure.
Defeated enemies will sometimes also drop it, so make sure to check their bodies.
Medi-Gel can also be obtained from the Med Clinic on the Citadel or from the Medical Bay in Shepard’s Apartment on Intai’sei. Both of these places will fully replenish your Medi-Gel stock.
How to Use Medi-Gel
To use Medi-Gel in Mass Effect, simply press Triangle on PlayStation or Y on Xbox.
It’s worth noting a second dose of Medi-Gel cannot be applied until a 60-second period has passed. This can be shortened with high-grade Omni-Tools such as the Savant, Logic Arrest Tool, or the HMOT Master line of Omni-Tools.
Alternatively, you can reduce the cooldown for Omni-Gel with the Medicine tech talent available to Engineers and Sentinels. By increasing the Medicine talent level, you’ll continue to reduce the cooldown time on First Aid by up to 30%.
The combined First Aid skill of all nearby friendly personnel will also be combined, meaning you can reduce the cooldown time right up to 90% if all three have the Medicine talent maxed out.
How to Carry More Omni-Gel in Mass Effect 1
To begin with, Shepard can only carry up to five Medi-Gel packs at any given time. However, five equipment upgrades can be purchased from the following Merchants that increases your carry capacity for the healing gel by one each time.
- Level 1 – Morlan OR Normandy Requisitions Officer – 200 Credits
- Level 2 – Morlan OR Expat OR Petozi – 3125 Credits
- Level 3 – Opold OR Commander Rentola – 12500 Credits
- Level 4 – C-Sec Requisitions Officer OR Commander Rentola – 56000 Credits
- Level 5 – Dr. Chloe Michel OR Delan – 110000 Credits
That’s everything you need to know on Mass Effect Medi-Gel. For more tips and tricks on the entire trilogy, head over to our Mass Effect Legendary Edition wiki, or see more coverage on the game below.
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition’s Latest Patch Improves PC Performance, Adds Subtitle Options & More
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Roasts Gamestop on the Citadel
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Finally Changes Tali’s Stock Photo Face
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition’s Latest Patch Fixes Crashing Issues, Achievement Tracking & More
- Is Mass Effect Legendary Edition Worth It? What You Need to Know