There seems to be no end to the swirling rumors of a brand-new Nintendo Switch model on the horizon. If you believe the rumors, it seems likely that Nintendo will release a new console at some point in the very near future.
If Nintendo’s next console remains in the family of Switch systems, it will need certain features to convince enough people to buy it, especially if it ends up costing more money. Here are six features that the next Nintendo Switch needs for it to be worth the upgrade.
Faster Loading Times
One of the most important features that a future Nintendo Switch console needs would be hardware that allows for faster load times. This includes both when starting games up and during in-game transitions.
It can be really frustrating to turn on a game and have to wait a few minutes for it to start. Likewise, it can ruin immersion when you’re transitioning between areas or cutscenes in a game and have to stare at a painfully long loading screen. One game that comes to mind is Animal Crossing: New Horizons, as the start of each new day honestly feels like it’s loading in real-time.
Both the PlayStation 5 and the Xbox Series X have extremely fast load times with most games, so this is something Nintendo should be ready to compete with for their next Nintendo Switch model.
- Arietta of Spirits Announced for Nintendo Switch With New Trailer
- Kingdom Come Deliverance Is Coming to Nintendo Switch as Warhorse & Koch Media Join Forces
- Tsukihime: A Piece of Blue Glass Moon for PS4 & Nintendo Switch Shines in New Trailer
- Monark by Shin Megami Tensei Devs for PS5, PS4, and Nintendo Switch Gets First Trailer & Screenshots
- Source Of Madness is a Lovecraftian Horror Roguelite, Coming To PC and Nintendo Switch