Baseball is back and on time this season thankfully as the world continues to navigate the outbreak of Covid-19. Regardless of what happens MLB The Show 21 will carry on, this time on Xbox too. If you’re here, you’re probably wondering how the team ratings and rankings for MLB The Show 21 shook out this year for online play and Franchise and which teams are the best teams in MLB The Show 21. Let’s dive into all that.
First off, let me point out that the full list, as of launch day for MLB The Show 21 can be found below. There are a few obvious ones, but also a few head-scratching choices as well.
The L.A. Dodgers being number one is certainly not a surprise. They retained a lot of their pitching and added Trevor Bauer during the off-season, a major pick up.
The Nationals being so high, yet again, is a bit of a surprise. Someone on staff either must love or hate the Mets. Once again they are 4th, and either someone really believes this is the year, or someone just really loves torturing Met fans with hope. My Yankees are number 2 which feels about right and is a lot better than 10th last year. So no complaints from me especially with the Red Sox being as low as 19th this year.
Well anyway, that’s enough yapping from us. You can see the full list of team ratings and rankings in MLB The Show 21 below. See anything you think is off? Let us know what you think of the ratings and rankings in the comments below.
All Team Ratings and Rankings in MLB The Show 21
- Los Angeles Dodgers (3rd Contact, 2nd Power, 1st Pitching, 4th Defense, 5th Speed)
- New York Yankees (7th Contact, 1st Power, 3rd Pitching, 5th Defense, 24th Speed)
- San Diego Padres (11th Contact, 17th Power, 2nd Pitching, 6th Defense, 4th Speed)
- New York Mets (4th Contact, 3rd Power, 5th Pitching, 28th Defense, 26th Speed)
- Atlanta Braves (9th Contact, 4th Power, 13th Pitching, 9th Defense, 8th Speed)
- Houston Astros (5th Contact, 18th Power, 6th Pitching, 13th Defense, 13th Speed)
- Washington Nationals (13th Contact, 25th Power, 4th Pitching, 24th Defense, 16th Speed)
- Chicago White Sox (1st Contact, 15th Power, 7th Pitching, 18th Defense, 2nd Speed)
- St. Louis Cardinals (20th Contact, 20h Power, 9th Pitching, 1st Defense, 11th Speed)
- Minnesota Twins (17th Contact, 8th Power, 8th Pitching, 16th Defense, 23rd Speed)
- Chicago Cubs (21st Contact, 9th Power, 16th Pitching, 2nd Defense, 15th Speed)
- Cleveland Indians (25th Contact, 24th Power, 10th Pitching, 7th Defense, 7th Speed)
- Los Angeles Angels (2nd Contact, 11th Power, 17th Pitching, 22nd Defense, Speed 19th)
- Philadelphia Phillies (14th Contact, 10th Power, 16th Pitching, 18th Defense, 3rd Speed)
- Oakland Athletics (24th Contact, 12th Power, 12th Pitching, 3rd Defense, 29th Speed)
- Milwaukee Brewers (22nd Contact, 14th Power, 11th Pitching, 17th Defense, 28th Speed)
- Tampa Bay Rays (15th Contact, 7th Power, 14th Pitching, 11th Defense, 14th Speed)
- Kansas City Royals (23rd Contact, 22nd Power, 21st Pitching, 20th Defense, 12th Speed)
- Boston Red Sox (18th Contact, 5th Power, 24th Pitching, 12th Defense, 20th Speed)
- Arizona Diamondbacks (27th Contact, 27th Power, 19th Pitching, 8th Defense, 10th Speed)
- Cincinatti Reds (19th Contact, 10th Power, 15th Pitching, 30th Defense, 27th Speed)
- Toronto Blue Jays (14th Contact, 6th Power, 22nd Pitching, 23rd Defense, 17th Speed)
- Miami Marlins (16th Contact, 29th Power, 20th Pitching, 21st Defense, 9th Speed)
- San Francisco Giants (6th Contact, 23rd Power, 23rd Pitching, 27th Defense, 30th Speed)
- Colorado Rockies (12th Contact, 26th Power, 25th Pitching, 14th Defense, 1st Speed)
- Detroit Tigers (8th Contact, 28th Power, 28th Pitching, 25th Defense, 21st Speed)
- Texas Rangers (29th Contact, 13th Power, 27th Pitching, 19th Defense, 6th Speed)
- Seattle Mariners (30th Contact, 21st Power, 26th Pitching, 15th Defense, 18th Speed)
- Pittsburgh Pirates (26th Contact, 30th Power, 29th Pitching, 10th Defense, 22nd Speed)
- Baltimore Orioles (28th Contact, 19th Power, 30th Pitching, 29th Defense, 25th Speed)
MLB The Show 21 Best Teams
The Los Angeles Dodgers, unsurprisingly, is the best team to kick off the 2021 season as of opening day. They have an overwhelming amount of great starting pitching combined with some of the best bats in the league including Mookie Bets.
While the real life Yankees are off to a slow start as of the time of this writing, in MLB The Show 21 at least, the Yankees have some of the best power bats in the league and combine that with arguably the best bullpen in the league.
Finally, if you want to play as a young, fun team that is very balanced across the board, consider the San Diego Padres led by cover start Fernando Tatis Jr.
- MLB The Show 20 Review – Back to Back
- New MLB The Show 20 Extended Cut Video Goes In Depth on New Legends, Animations, Game Modes
- MLB the Show 20 Gets First Gameplay Trailer; Dev Details Pre-Release Streams
- MLB the Show 20 Has so Many Different Editions That Sony’s Made a Video to Explain It All
- MLB The Show 20’s Announcement Trailer is all About Cover Star Javier Baez