While survival mechanics are at the core of Valheim’s design, sometimes you just want to relax and enjoy building some cool stuff. Thankfully, there’s an option for those who want to do exactly that. Here’s how to enter creative mode in Valheim.
How to Enter Creative Mode in Valheim
Just like Minecraft, Valheim has a creative mode that allows you to muck around and build things without having to worry about having materials and resources on-hand. You also won’t need to worry about having to run everywhere, nor will you need to bother with killing enemies.
To enter Valheim’s creative mode you’ll first need to familiarize yourself with using the console and entering commands. First, press F5 to bring up the console, then type “imacheater” (without the quotation marks) to activate console commands.
We’ve actually listed every single console command in a separate article if you’re interested. Read it here.
To turn on creative mode in Valheim, though, the specific console command you’ll need to type is “debugmode.”
This will allow you to use Z, K, and B to activate three very useful features:
- Z – Flying Mode
- K – Kills all enemies in a nearby radius
- B – No placement cost, meaning all tool and equipment repair is possible without the use of a workbench. All crafting recipes are also free.
Remember, you can also spawn any item onto the map instantly by inputting the correct command. Again, it’s listed in the article linked earlier.
Just to recap, here’s a breakdown:
- Press F5 to bring the console down.
- Enter “iamacheater” (without the quotation marks.”
- Enter “debugmode” (without the quotation marks.”
- Now you can use Z, K, and B keys for different effects.
That’s all you need to know about how to enter creative mode in Valheim. For more tips and tricks about the game, check out our Valheim guide wiki.
You should also see some related content below. For any questions you have that aren’t answered on Twinfinite, always feel free to reach out in the comment section below and we’ll do our best to help out.
- Best Valheim Mods You Can’t Live Without
- Valheim’s Hearth & Home Update Lets You Get Into a Hot Tub With Friends
- Valheim Hearth & Home Update Gets Cinematic Trailer at Gamescom ONL
- Valheim Publisher Partners With New Studio Box Dragon
- These Recreations of Skyrim’s Iconic Locations Make Me Feel Bad About My Valheim Builds