Collecting crafting materials is a huge part of the gameplay loop in Valheim as they’re essential for crafting useful weapons, armor, and items. Toward the mid-game, Tin becomes a hugely important resource since it’s part of the necessary ingredients to make Bronze. Here’s how to get Tin in Valheim.
How to Get Tin in Valheim
Where to Find Tin
You’ll be able to find Tin after summoning and defeating the first boss of the game, Eikthyr. Once you’ve won that battle, the Black Forest location will open up to you. That’s where you’ll find the tin that you’re looking for.
Tin nodes in Valheim are located near the water, around the borders of rivers, for example. If you walk around the outside of a body of water, you should see grayish-silver material at the water’s edge.
Tin may look similar to stone, but it’s a bit shinier. Also, it won’t be covered by anything like grass or moss.
How to Mine Tin
To mine Tin, you’ll need more than just your bare hands. A pickaxe is required to gather any kind of ore that you find in Valheim, and tin is no different.
Once you obtain it, tin can only be used as a crafting material after it’s been smelted. Once that process is completed, you can then take the smelted ore and use it in a forge to create new equipment.
Tin is used to create bronze weapons and armor. It’s not exactly the highest level ore, but it’ll keep you safe as you try to find even better materials in the world.
That’s everything you need to know about how to find and mine Tin in Valheim. Be sure to check out our guide wiki for the game if you’re looking to read up on more Valheim tips.
- Marvel’s Avengers Getting a Big XP Rework; Cosmetics Will Be Slightly Easier to Get in the Future
- Maglam Lord for PS4 & Nintendo Switch Getting Crossover DLC With Tales Of Series
- Sony to Discontinue Video Purchases and Rentals on PlayStation Store
- Little Hope Owners Are Getting Access to a Free Friend’s Pass & New Curator’s Cut Features
- Destiny 2 Deep Stone Crypt Raid Developer Deep Dive Scheduled for Tomorrow