As a survival RPG, crafting is a huge part of Valheim. You’ll want to be able to create the best equipment that you can in order for you to venture out into the unknown safely. Having a good forge is a large part of that process as you transition to the Bronze Age. Here’s how to upgrade your forge in Valheim.
How to Upgrade Your Forge in Valheim
How to Build a Forge
Your workbench isn’t enough if you want to create weapons and other equipment using metals as a base. That’s where the forge and its upgrades come into play in Valheim. But before upgrading your forge, you’ll want to know how to build one.
Mining copper will provide you with the recipe to build a forge (mine it from the Black Forest, then use a Smelter), but it can only be built indoors. Looking at the recipe, you’ll need the following materials:
- x4 Stone – Found by simply picking up rocks on the ground
- x4 Coal – Found by checking burning meat, or a charcoal kiln
- x10 Wood – Found by chopping down any trees available
- x6 Copper – Found by mining veins with a pickaxe in the Black Forest
Upgrading a Forge
Once you’ve built it in a location that you like, you’ll be able to upgrade your forge up to six times in Valheim. To do so, you’ll need to create six different add-ons. They can be created in any order you please. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Forge Cooler – Crafted with x10 copper and 25 fine wood
- Forge Bellows – Crafted with x4 chain, five wood, and five deer hide
- Forge Toolrack – Crafted with x10 wood and 15 iron
- Anvils – Crafted with x4 wood and x20 bronze
- Smith’s Anvil – Crafted with x5 wood x20 iron
- Grinding Wheel – Crafted with one sharpening stone and 25 wood
That’s everything you need to know about how to upgrade your forge in Valheim. If you’re looking for more tips on the game, check out our Valheim guide wiki.
- Was There a Goat Simulator 2? Answered
- Goat Simulator 3 Gets a Chaotic Reveal Trailer at Summer Game Fest
- Satisfactory Is Getting New Spire Coast Biome, Updated Maps & More as it Inches Towards its 1.0 Release
- Valheim: How to Farm & Farming Guide
- Valheim: How to Get Tin