The lack of handholding and direction given to players in Valheim is part of the game’s charm. It really encourages you to experiment and learn things for yourself, which feels rewarding. Although, it could certainly do a better job of explaining some of the game’s more granular systems. Here’s how to split stacks in Valheim.
Just as in other survival games, Valheim does a good job of bundling resources in groups automatically. These vary in number depending on the resource; Raw Meat stacks in 20, for example, while Wood comes in stacks of 50.
But what about when you want to remove only 10 or so from your stack without dropping the entire bundle on the ground? Well, it is possible, as you can see above, but the game just doesn’t explain it at all.
How to Split Stacks in Valheim
After you’ve opened your inventory with Tab, what you need to do is press and hold Shift on the stack of items you want to split. This will bring up the split option and you can move the slider according to how many you want to split away from the stack.
You should also see some related content below that may prove helpful. For any questions you have that aren’t answered, always feel free to reach out to us in the comment section and we’ll do our best to lend a hand.
- These Recreations of Skyrim’s Iconic Locations Make Me Feel Bad About My Valheim Builds
- Latest Valheim Patch Nerfs Greydwarf Farming, Issues Balancing Changes & Bug Fixes
- 6 Best Valheim Seeds You Need To Check Out for a Good Start
- 4 Features That Set Valheim Apart From Other Survival Games
- How Well Do You Know Valheim? Take This Trivia Quiz to Find Out