While the main goal of Little Nightmares 2 is to run and hide from the larger-than-life bad guys that make up most of the levels, there are a fair amount of puzzles throughout the game as well. At one point, you’ll even need to get a little nerdy and play some chess. Here is everything you need to know about how to solve the chess puzzle in Little Nightmares 2.
When you reach chapter two, the school, you’ll need to rescue Six from the Wooden Children. To do so, you have to progress past an area with a secret enterance.
How to Solve the Chess Puzzle in Little Nightmares 2
The only way to unlock this entrance is by taking the tops of chess pieces and putting them in an order that corresponds with an image you’ll find in the room.
This image can be found hidden behind a screen on the far right section of the room. Jump on the handle at the bottom of the screen, then let go to reveal the image with the positions you need each piece to be in.
Above, you’ll see that you need the white king at the bottom, the queen in the top right, and the rook to the left. Go to the right and grab the queen piece and put it on the ground next to the one on the top left.
Go back through the door you first entered from and grab the rook head. Place it on the piece on the top left and jump on top of it.
Jump to the desk and pull the king piece down. Put each one in the corresponding areas and you’ve completed the puzzle.
All you have to do to open the bookshelf is jump on to of the rook piece to the desk and pull the lamp light down.
In short, to Solve the Chess Puzzle in Little Nightmares 2:
- Run to the right of the room, jump on the screen’s handle, and let go to reveal an image.
- Go to the right and grab the queen piece and put it on the ground next to the one on the top left.
- Go back through the door you first entered from and grab the rook head.
- Place the Rook head on the piece on the top left and jump on top of it.
- Jump to the desk and pull the king piece down.
- Put each one in the corresponding areas and you’ve completed the puzzle.
That is everything you need to know about how to solve the chess puzzle in Little Nightmares. For more help with puzzles, combat, and other gameplay questions, be sure to check our official guide wiki for the game.
- Little Nightmares 2 Interview: Producer Talks Designing Nightmares, New Mechanics, & Sequel Pressure
- Little Nightmares 2’s Cinematic Gameplay Looks Terrifying in New Trailer
- Little Nightmares 2 Looks Creepy in Halloween Trailer & New Screenshots
- Little Nightmares 2 Brings the Terror With Reveal Trailer