Maneater is the first PS5 game that’s free for PS Plus subscribers in 2021, offering the chance to wreak havoc as a giant shark. As you scour the island for all the collectibles, you’ll find some that are slightly out of your reach. To grab them easily, you’ll need to know how to jump higher in Maneater. We’ve got all the tips you need to know.
How to Jump Higher in Maneater
The first thing that you’ll need to know is that your shark’s jumping ability will be altered by its age in Maneater. If you’ve levelled up your shark enough that it’s an elder or adult shark, you’ll be jumping higher than a Teen or lower would. Therefore, it might simply be worth leaving some of the harder to reach collectibles until later in the game, once you’re levelled up enough.
Then, if you’re trying to jump from the water to get something that’s above the surface, there’s a trick to getting the most height. First, dive deeper and swim up to the surface while holding the dash button (L2 on PlayStation and LT on Xbox) and you’ll see your shark burst out of the water into the air.
You should then be able to jump once (twice if you’ve unlocked the ability to double jump) as your shark reaches the peak of its lunge out of the water to get even higher. The jump button is tied to A on Xbox and X on PlayStation by default.
Therefore, there are three things you’ll need to do to jump higher in Maneater. They are:
- Level up your shark to Adult or Elder
- Dive below the surface and then lunge out again
- Press jump to get even higher following the lunge
That’s it for how to jump higher in Maneater. For more tips and tricks on the game, be sure to search for Twinfinite.
- Despite Existing Issues, Maneater Feels Better on the Nintendo Switch
- Xbox Game Pass Adds Knockout City, Maneater, and More in May
- PlayStation Plus Games for January 2021 Announced: Maneater for PS5, Greedfall, & Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- Massive Xbox Ultimate Game Sale Now Live; Discounts on Resident Evil 3, Maneater, & More
- Maneater Review – Watch Out Boy She’ll Chew You Up