Arguably the most anticipated game of 2020, Cyberpunk 2077 is finally out for everyone this week. Coming from the developer of The Witcher 3, you’d expect their new game to be gigantic, so it’ll be important to know how much time you’ll need to set aside to play it. Here’s everything you need to know about how long Cyberpunk 2077 takes to beat so that you can have a better idea.
How Long Cyberpunk 2077 Takes to Beat
Since we’re yet to play the game ourselves, we cannot speak on our own playtime quite yet (we’ll be sure to update you once we can), but plenty of other people have reviewed the game and detailed how long it took them to beat it. Below, we’ve broken down a few of the playtimes, including some details on how they approached the game.
- Gamespot – “You can expect it to last you about 30 hours. This number can increase to around 40 hours if you are doing side missions fairly regularly…”
- Blessing Adeoye Jr./Kinda Funny – 28 hours. Could be less if you mainline the story.
- GamesRadar+ – “Completion time of somewhere in the 15 to 20 hours region” if you mainline the story.
- Trusted Reviews – “38 hours and 15 minutes,” to beat Cyberpunk 2077 having played the majority of major side quests.
- Game Informer – “Can be completed in roughly 15 to 20 hours. I don’t know how many dozens (or hundreds) of hours of side content are around it”
- Screenrant – “…after wrapping the main campaign with about 40 in-game hours.”
- Gamespew – “If you head through Cyberpunk 2077‘s story missions one after another, you’ll probably find yourself watching the credits roll in around twenty hours.”
Therefore, how long Cyberpunk 2077 takes to beat seems to be entirely down to how you approach it. If you rush through the story, going from one main quest to another, you can beat Cyberpunk 2077 in around 20 hours, but it can take you multiple times that figure to see everything.
If you want to 100% the game, it’s likely that you’re looking at more than 100 hours, but a standard playthrough that takes a look at a bit of everything will probably be between 30 and 40 hours.
That’s everything you need to know about how long Cyberpunk 2077 takes to beat. For more tips and tricks on the game, be sure to check out our wiki guide once the game is out or search for Twinfinite.
- Cyberpunk 2077 Mod Lets Players Have Sex With Johnny Silverhand; CDPR Takes It Down Shortly After
- Cyberpunk 2077 Gets First Official Tools to Support Modding
- Cyberpunk 2077’s Latest Patch Is Breaking a Main Story Mission for Some Players
- Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.1 Released; Improves Stability & Numerous Quest Issues
- SuperData: December’s Record Spending Led by 10.2 Million Cyberpunk 2077 Digital Sales