After a near decade long wait, Cyberpunk 2077 is finally here. As you explore Night City, you’ll meet interesting characters from all walks of life and form relationships with them. While many of them will be professional, it wouldn’t be a huge, modern RPG if you weren’t able to get romantically involved with some characters. So that you know how it all works, here’s a run down of sex and romance in Cyberpunk 2077, including which characters you can romance and how you start relationships.
Cyberpunk 2077 Romance Explained
Just as was the case in The Witcher 3, there are various characters in the game that you can start relationships with, romance and have sex with in Cyberpunk 2077. While we haven’t dived into all the romance options in the game ourselves yet, you’ll notice that most of the characters you can romance will have their own side-quest chains.
As Lead Quest Designer Paweł Sasko said in a DM conversation that was posted on Reddit, “you can think that it [romance] is going to be similar to how Witcher 3 was – there were whole plotlines regarding characters and if that NPCs were treated well and interesting in Geralt, something was happening. So here [in Cyberpunk 2077] it’s going to be very similar.”
If you start doing work for them, doing what they want and following their lead, you’ll get closer to them. Then, on top of that, you’ll need to carefully choose the correct dialogue options in order to start a romantic connection and possibly initiate sex scenes.
The ones you want to choose will be quite obvious, seeing your version of V get closer to someone physically or say something complimentary, but you still need to pay close attention to what you’re picking.
How relationships work is also down to your own character’s personality traits and those of the NPCs you’re courting. Some characters will expect an exclusive relationship, some won’t mind if you’re exploring your options, and some will want nothing more than sex via a one night stand.
As of now, we don’t know which characters want what, but keep it in mind when pursuing romance in Cyberpunk 2077.
Sex Scenes in Cyberpunk 2077
It’s also worth noting that Cyberpunk 2077 does include nudity as well. Your character will be seen in first-person sex scenes when you get into a romantic relationship.
It’s not that regular, but the game isn’t shy when it comes to showing nudity. You can turn it off if you’d prefer though.
How to Romance All Characters
Below we’ve listed all the characters we know that you can romance so far, and the stipulations we know. We don’t know all of them yet, so check back as we dive deeper into the game.
How to Romance Panam
- You need to have a male body type
- Flirt with her at the end of the Riders on the Storm quest
- At the beginning of the With a Little Help from my Friends Quest, don’t mention Panam’s plan to Saul
- Don’t suggest that you’re only working with her for the money
- Choose to push the neural synchronization with Panam during Queen of the Highway
Jackie Welles – Ex-Valentinos member and hired merc.
Meredith Stout – She is a Senior Operations Manager for Militech and can only be romanced by a Male V following the Corpo Lifepath.
- You have to have a V with female voice and body
- Refuse to accept Maiko’s plan or turn down payment during Pisces
- Take on the quest called Pyramid Song and do what Judy asks” dive with her and spend night at the bungalow.
- Kiss her when given the option
- Select the “the beginning of something amazing” option when talking about how the night was.
How to Romance River in Cyberpunk 2077
- Need to have female body type
- Save Randy during The Hunt quest
- When given the chance, say you’re interested in him when you can in side quests
- Kiss river both times you’re able to in Following the River
- Select the “I feel good around you” option when River asks how you feel the next night.
- Body type and voice need to be masculine
- Kiss him during Boat Drinks after helping inside the yacht.
- Confirm you interest in him after being on the beach.
- Cyberpunk 2077’s Latest Patch Is Breaking a Main Story Mission for Some Players
- Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.1 Released; Improves Stability & Numerous Quest Issues
- SuperData: December’s Record Spending Led by 10.2 Million Cyberpunk 2077 Digital Sales
- You Can Now Mod Cyberpunk 2077 & Play Through With a Full Party of Companions
- Cyberpunk 2077 Devs Commit to Improving The Game; Next-Gen Update Coming in Second Half of 2021