The next-generation of Xbox consoles has finally arrived. The Xbox Series X brings stunning 4K resolutions at 60 frames per second, HDR, lightning-fast load times and plenty more. In this guide, we’ll talk you through how to set your Xbox Series X as your ‘home console,’ as well as what that actually means.
Setting your Xbox as a ‘home console’ is certainly worthwhile. Any Xbox that you class as your home console (you can only have one set as it at any given time), will enable your account to play games offline.
It also allows any other account on your Xbox to take advantage of your online subscriptions like Xbox Live or Game Pass, as well as any of your digital games you’ve purchased.
As such, if you wanted to share your subscriptions and games with a friend or loved one, you could sign into their account and set their Xbox as your account’s home console. You’d still be able to access all of your content on your Xbox when you’re signed into your account, and your friends could also access all of your account’s benefits via theirs, too.
How to Set Xbox Series X as Home Console
To set your Xbox Series X as your account’s home console, follow the below steps:
- Go to Settings
- Open the ‘General’ menu
- Select ‘Personalization’
- Choose the ‘My Home Xbox’ option
- Select the ‘Make This My Home Xbox’
What is worth pointing out here is that you’ll only be able to change your ‘home console’ five times in any one year period. Your Xbox will tell you how many more times you can do it before you’ll have to settle with your current option until the time period lapses.
And with all of that done, your new Xbox Series X will be set as your home console.
For more helpful tips for your next-gen console, be sure to check out more of our coverage below, or search for Twinfinite.
- Apocalyptic Psychological Thriller ‘Aftermath’ Announced for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, & PC
- Coreupt for PS5, Xbox Series X, & PC Gets New Trailer Showing Winry in Action
- The Solitaire Conspiracy Is Out Now on PS5 & Xbox Series X|S
- UFO Robot Grendizer/Goldorak/Goldrake Game Coming in 2023 For PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, & PC
- Bright Memory Infinite Gets a Release Date for PC; Xbox Series X|S Version “Coming Soon”