For the most part, Trails of Cold Steel 4‘s quests show you exactly where you need to go, but occasionally they want you to play detective with some rather vague clues. If you find yourself stuck, this guide is for the Brandy Recognition quest in Trails of Cold Steel 4.
Trails of Cold Steel 4 Brandy Recognition Quest Guide
On 8/22 you will be once again be handed two semi-required quests (Brandy Recognition and Cody Red) and a completely optional monster extermination one.
Brandy Recognition falls under “semi-required,” which means you could instead choose to only do Cody Red and still advance the story. However, if you’re here, that means skipping a quest is a no go.
First you’ll want to travel to Steinrose Distillery in Alster, found under the West Lemare tab on the fast travel map. Once there, speak to Mirio.
You will be tasked with finding three things as the distillery has broken machinery that is beyond repair.
As the Brandy Recognition quest page says, you will need:
- Pressure Valve: These are produced by a lot of modern factories and workshops.
- Cooling Coil: These are often used in the manufacture of medicines are perfumes.
- Large Pump Gear: The orbal factory at Parm may have one of these.
As a start, it would be easiest to head right to Dwight Arms & Orbal Factory in Parm (under the Sutherland tab on the fast travel map). The proprietor will simply give you the gear after a small bit of dialogue, no extra tasks.
Now onto getting our hands on the pressure valve. You’ll want to return to the Merkabah and head into the Orbal Factory through the Lounge. To your left will be Brother Ryuna who runs the shop, he’s who you need. With nothing else to do besides some quick dialogue, you receive the Pressure Valve item.
That just leaves the cooling coil. Travel to Gandolf’s Orbal Factory in Eryn Village (Sutherland tab). After a brief dialogue, you’ll receive the Helix Pipe item.
Upon receiving the final item (regardless of whatever order you acquired them) make your way back to Steinrose Distillery in Alster and once against speak to Mirio to trigger dialogue and complete the quest.
Time needed: 10 minutes.
For a quick breakdown on the Brandy Recognition quest:
- Visit the Steinrose Distillery in Alster and speak to Mirio.
- Head to Dwight Arms & Orbal Factory and speak to the man behind the counter for the first part.
- Travel to Gandolf’s Orbal Factory in Eryn Village and speak to Gandolf for the second part.
- Return to the Merkabah and run to the orbal factory through the Lounge. Speak to Brother Ryuna for the third and final part.
- Return to Steinrose Distillery and speak to Mirio once more to complete the Brandy Recognition quest.
There it is, all you need to know for this Brand Recognition quest in Trails of Cold Steel 4. Be sure to search for Twinfinite for more tips and information on the game.