While the jetpacks from the likes of Advanced Warfare and Infinite Warfare are gone, seemingly for good, Call of Duty is still a faced paced series. As you run around the map, you’ll want to make yourself difficult to hit, which is where sliding comes in. So that you can stay alive a little longer, here’s everything you need to know about how to slide in Black Ops Cold War.
The reason you’ll want to slide is because it makes your movement a lot more unpredictable. As you slide, you’ll be changing your height, making you a harder target to hit as you move. Combining tactical sprinting and multiple slides, especially as you go around corners, is a good way to play.
How to Slide in CoD Black Ops Cold War
To slide, all you need to do is hold circle if you’re on PlayStation platforms (B if you’re on Xbox or C on PC) while sprinting.
As you press it, your character will slide along the ground for a second or so and then stand up again. You’ll then be able to immediately start running again, so that you don’t lose any momentum.
The ultimate way to slide is to do what is called slide cancel. While Sledgehammer initially said they’d try to remove the feature, to make movement more natural, it still seems to be possible in Black Ops Cold War.
We’ve got a detailed guide on it here, but all you need to do is press the slide/crouch button again while you’re in the middle of a slide. It’ll ensure you stay at top speed and can immediately tactical sprint again.
- You Can Play Black Ops Cold War’s New Zombies Mode, Outbreak, a Day Early
- Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Season 2 Content Fully Detailed
- Black Ops Cold War Season Two Intro Cinematic Teases New Operator & Weapons
- Firebase Z Arrives in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War’s New Patch, Along With Other Tweaks
- New Zombies Map Announced Early for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War