The Bowie Knife has been a fan-favorite weapon in Call of Duty’s Zombies mode ever since its debut in World of War back in 2008. The good news is that the Bowie Knife is still in Black Ops Cold War’s Zombies mode, but you’ll have to do a bit of grinding in order to obtain it. Fear not, though, as we’re here to guide you through how to unlock it.
Getting the Bowie Knife in Cold War Zombies
The Bowie Knife is an upgrade you can unlock with Aetherium Crystals. To buy the upgrade, you’ll first need to load up Zombies.
Now use RB/R1 to tab over to the Loadout menu. Now go to the ‘Skills’ option which is the second one down, and then select ‘Weapons Classes.’
At the very bottom of the list of weapon class types that appear on the left-hand side, you’ll find ‘Melee.’ Scroll down to this, and you’ll then be able to spend Aetherium Crystals upgrading your melee class in a variety of ways.
There are three upgrades for the Melee class, and the last one allows players to ‘Replace gun butt with Bowie Knife.’ To unlock this upgrade, you’ll need to spend six Aetherium Crystals. Three to unlock that specific upgrade, and three for the two upgrades before it within the Melee class.
You also need to have reached level 50 in Cold War’s multiplayer to unlock the Melee class upgrades.
Once you’ve bought the Bowie Knife upgrade with the Aetherium Crystals in Black Ops Cold War, you’ll then be able to use it in-game by simply pressing R3 (right analog stick in) at any time.
That’s all you need to know on how to get the Bowie Knife in Black Ops Cold War Zombies. For more tips, tricks and guides, head on over to our guide wiki, search for Twinfinite, or check out more of our coverage below.
- Scream’s Ghostface is Coming To Call of Duty: Warzone & Black Ops Cold War
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War to Add Among Us-Like Double Agent Mode
- COD: Black Ops Cold War & War Zone’s Mauer Der Toten Zombies Map Showcased in New Trailer
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Season 4 Gameplay Trailer Revealed at Summer Game Fest
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Adds New Weapons, Events, and More for Season 3