Much of the appeal of multiplayer in shooters like Call of Duty is showing off your skills to other players. Therefore, you’re not going to want everyone to see the terrible PSN or Xbox ID you set up when you were a kid. Thankfully, you can choose a separate name in Call of Duty to hide your terrible choices. If you want to switch it up a bit, here’s everything you need to know about how to change display name in Black Ops Cold War.
Changing Display Name in Black Ops Cold War
There is a couple of ways to change your display name for Black Ops Cold War. The easiest way to do it is in-game, while the other option is accessible online.
To change your name in-game, press Options if you’re on PlayStation (Menu on PS5) when in a multiplayer mode and scroll over to the Account & Network tab.
You’ll find the ability to ‘Change Display Name’ at the top of the list. Select that and you’ll get the chance to type in the name you want, keeping it clean of course. Changing your display name takes up one token, with you only getting one token every six months, so be careful what you change your name to.
If you’d prefer to alter your display name online via a computer, all you have to do is log-in to your Activision account on their website. When you’ve logged-in, select Basic Info. The next prompt you’ll need to choose is Edit, which is right next to your Activision ID.
Change your account name and press confirm. Select Save, and the information is official. You’ll then see the changes as active next time you log into Black Ops Cold War.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Season 4 Gameplay Trailer Revealed at Summer Game Fest
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Adds New Weapons, Events, and More for Season 3
- You Can Play Black Ops Cold War’s New Zombies Mode, Outbreak, a Day Early
- Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Season 2 Content Fully Detailed
- Black Ops Cold War Season Two Intro Cinematic Teases New Operator & Weapons