Right towards the beginning of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, players’ Animus experience will be interrupted slightly. You’ll be told there’s a clash of memory streams, causing the Animus to malfunction and cause glitches in Eivor’s story. Shortly after, you’ll be shown the screen below, and will be tasked with deciding which Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Memory Stream to choose. Players can opt for the female, male, or ‘Animus Choice’ — a combination of the two.
Which Memory Stream Should You Choose in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla?
Ultimately, the memory stream you choose won’t change anything other than the gender of your character throughout the story.
If you’re wanting Eivor to be male or female, choose their respective options. These are quite self-explanatory. However, the Animus Choice memory stream in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s a bit of a weird one.
This memory stream will combine both the male and female Eivor’s into one experience. According to the in-game description “the Animus will choose which memory stream to choose depending on which is strongest at that time.”
As far as we can tell, there’s no actual way to make one of the memory stream’s ‘stronger’ through your gameplay. Instead, if you let the Animus choose which memory stream to follow, it’ll just randomly switch Eivor from between male and female as and when it sees fit.
In summary, the memory stream you choose won’t affect the story. It’ll simply affect the way Eivor is presented in cutscenes and dialog.
Which memory stream are you going to choose in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla? Let us know down in the comments below.
For more tips and tricks, check out our guide wiki.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Ostara Update Revealed; Wrath of the Druids Expansion Gets a Release Date
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Update Adds Transmog and More Cats
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s River Raid Update Showcased in New Trailer
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla to Get River Raids, New Abilities & More In Tomorrow’s Big Update
- Ubisoft Promises More Post-Launch Content for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla; Teases Surprises for FY 2022