If you take the time to explore Norway thoroughly at the start of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, you’ll be rewarded with some useful wealth items. Not all of them are as easy to retrieve as simply opening a box, though. Here’s the Deserted Chalet chest key location in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla if you’re having trouble tracking it down.
Assassin’s Creed Deserted Chalet Quest Walkthrough
The Deserted Chalet quest is triggered when you happen upon the building for the first time. It’s located northwest of Fornburg on a small island.
Once you’ve entered the building, you’ll see a large chest, which obviously contains a valuable resource if you’ve noted the icon on your map/compass. After reading the letter you’ll get a little background as to whose house it was, but there’s no sign of any key that would open the chest.
You’re going to need to travel a short distance to find it, but not before using your Odin’s Sight to locate a small hut nearby. On the door is another note that offers clues as to where the key might be.
Deserted Chalet Key Location
From there, head northeast towards the tip of the island. The location of the key is pictured above — it’s not far, just a couple of hundred meters. If you keep pinging your Odin’s Sight you should have no trouble finding it. Once you arrive, you’ll have to take out three wolves, which shouldn’t prove too tricky. You can use your bow to initiate the fight so as to do a little damage before they rush you.
With the wolves dead, all that’s left to do is return to the chest and claim your reward: a carbon ingot.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Ostara Update Revealed; Wrath of the Druids Expansion Gets a Release Date
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Update Adds Transmog and More Cats
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s River Raid Update Showcased in New Trailer
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla to Get River Raids, New Abilities & More In Tomorrow’s Big Update
- Ubisoft Promises More Post-Launch Content for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla; Teases Surprises for FY 2022