After a long wait, the third entry in Ubisoft’s sci-fi open world series is finally here. Watch Dogs Legion loosely continues the story from the first two games, but changes up the formula by allowing players to take control of almost any NPC in the game, each of which are armed with unique abilities and talents. Here’s how to get and use Tech Points in Watch Dogs Legion.
Getting Tech Points in Watch Dogs Legion
Tech Points are one of the most important currencies you’ll make use of in Watch Dogs Legion. They’re used to unlock character upgrades, gadgets, and weapons, and the more tools you have at your disposal, the easier the missions will be as you tackle them.
The good news is, they’re pretty easy to obtain if you’re down to put in the legwork. Listed below are all the ways you can get these points in Watch Dogs Legion:
- Collecting them in the open world.
- Completing main story missions.
Most of your Tech Points will come from open world exploration. If you open up your map, you’ll see little green diamond icons all over, which indicate Tech Point locations. Head over there and you’ll find a small green tablet waiting for you. Interact with it, and you’ll be rewarded with 10 Tech Points.
Point locations will be revealed as you get close to one while exploring the city, or if you manage to max out the Defiance meter for a district.
In addition to that, you can also earn Points by completing main story missions. However, if you want to unlock all of the available upgrades and gadgets, you’ll definitely need to explore the open world.
How to Use Tech Points
Once you have enough Tech Points, open up your menu and go to the Tech tab. Here, you’ll see a full list of items you can unlock.
All you have to do is select the item you want, then press and hold the X button to unlock it (or the A button if you’re on Xbox One).
- Watch Dogs Legion’s Money Heist Mission Now Available, Check Out the Launch Trailer Here
- Bloodline Expansion Goes Live With Watch Dogs Legion Title Update 5
- Watch Dogs Legion’s Performance Mode Patch for Consoles Is Coming in June
- Watch Dogs Legion’s First Major Update Gets a Trailer Showing The Goods
- Watch Dogs Legion Is Getting a 60 FPS Update on PS5 and Xbox Series X