When you’re amid a dogfight in space while playing Star Wars Squadrons, you’ll need to keep all of your wits about you if you hope to survive. One of the most important things to focus on is the health of your shields. Here is everything you need to know about how to focus shields in Star Wars Squadrons.
Shields are what keep your ship in one piece in Star Wars Squadrons, as this armor is the last line of defense before you start taking damage to your health. Unlike your health, shields actually recharge, though, so you’re going to want to focus your power on them in certain tight situations.
How to Focus Shields in Star Wars Squadrons
Focusing shields is an action that allows you to prioritize your shields around the front or back of your ship to protect you from incoming fire. To activate this defense mechanic, press and hold Square (PS4) or X (Xbox One), then use up or down on the d-pad/analog stick to select which area you want to be focused.
Once you’ve done so, release Square (PS4) or X (Xbox One) to confirm the focus. You can keep an eye on the status of your shields on your HUD, which will be vital to surviving in a lot of situations.
Time needed: 1 minute.
How to Focus Shields in Star Wars Squadrons:
- Press and hold Square (PS4) or X (Xbox One).
- Use up or down on the d-pad/analog stick to select which area you want to be focused.
- Release Square (PS4) or X (Xbox One) to confirm the focus.
And that is everything you need to know about how to focus shields in Star Wars Squadrons. If you still have questions about changing ship parts, repairing health, or any other FAQ, be sure to look through our ever-expanding guides wiki for plenty of tips and tricks.
- Star Wars Squadrons Flagships: How to Destroy the Star Destroyer & MC75
- 6 Things to Do First in Star Wars Squadrons
- Meet the Voice Actors of Star Wars Squadrons’ Cast
- Star Wars Squadrons Crossplay: How to Play Between PS4, Xbox One & PC
- Star Wars Squadrons Flight Stick & HOTAS Support Explained