Genshin Impact is an open-world action-RPG that lets players control different characters, exploring the land and solving quests all the while. One NPC in particular, Lisa, has plenty of missions to go on, each giving out a lot of experience and nice rewards. Here is everything you need to know about how to complete her Troublesome Works quest in Genshin Impact.
This questline revolves around helping Lisa the Librarian retrieve past due books for the library. Before you can locate them, though, you’ll need to get a few gifts.
Choose a Gift for Lisa (Troublesome Work)
After you’ve talked to Lisa on the upper floor of the library, go to Marjorie at the souvenir shop. You’ll have a couple different options on what to get her, but the correct answer is the Ragged Old Scroll.
After you get the first gift, talk to Sara and ask her about Lisa’s taste in food. After she lets you know the librarian likes veggies, you can know what to pick when Lisa asks you to get a dish she would like. Of the options presented, pick Radish Veggie soup.
Next, head over to the flower shop and talk to Donna. Pick out the Cecelia flower. After you pick the flower, Donna tells you the book she borrowed has been stolen, queuing the Lost Book sub-quest.
Lost Book Sub-quest
The next section requires you to use your elemental sight to investigate the purple energy you find on the ground. Each section can be seen on the map, so every time you end up in one that is yellow, use elemental sight.
Doing so eventually leads you out of Mondstadt to the Abyss Mage Stronghold. Once inside, you’ll use your glider on the wind currents to reach a door.
Use your electro attacks on the sensor to the right. Repeat this step for the next few areas until you reach the slimes. Defeating them unlocks the console, allowing you to take the wind current up to the next area.
Complete the timed challenges and you’ll then face the Abyss Mage Emery. Since he is a cryo mage, just use pyro or electro attacks to kill him quickly.
Once he’s defeated, use the second console to jump down the hole, and you’ll find the missing book in the chest. Inside you’ll find the missing book.
Return to Lisa and speak with her. Lastly, pick up the Teyvat Travel Guide from the bookshelf to complete the Troublesome Work questline.
Time needed: 1 hour.
Troublesome Work Quest Guide Summary:
- Head to the Library in Mondstadt and talk to Lisa on the upper floor.
- Go to Marjorie at the souvenir shop and choose the Ragged Old Scroll as a Gift.
- Talk to Sara the Waitress and ask her about Lisa’s taste in food.
She’ll tell you she likes veggies.
- Talk to Lisa and choose Radish Veggie Soup.
- Head over to Donna at the flora shop and pick the Cecelia flower.
She tells you the book she borrowed was stolen, starting the Lost Book sub-quest.
- Use elemental sight and investigate the purple energy on the ground. Do the same thing right after the bridge outside of Mondstadt.
- Follow the map till you reach the elemental marks and investigate each one.
- Find and Enter the Abyss Mage Stronghold.
- Glide using the wind currents, then use electro attack on the sensors to the right of the door.
- Zap the sensors on the left.
You’ll do this for the next couple of rooms.
- Defeat the slimes to unlock the console, allowing you to fly up the wind current.
- Complete the timed challenges and defeat Abyss Mage Emery.
Pyro or electro kill him quickly since they are cryo-based.
- Use the second console, jump down the hole, and you’ll find the missing book in the chest.
- Return to Lisa at the library in Mondstadt and pick up the Teyvat Travel Guide from the bookshelf.
And that is everything you need to know about how to complete her Troublesome Works quest in Genshin Impact. We’ve still got a boatload of other handy guides for the game via our official wiki guide if you’re still looking for help, so be sure head on over and check it out.