After the success of their two Divinity: Original Sin games, Larian Studios is ready to take on the beloved DND series with Baldur’s Gate 3. The game is now available in early access and it functions pretty similarly to Larian’s previous two games, right down to the turn-based combat system and how you can discover new companions to recruit to your party. Here’s how to get all companions in Baldur’s Gate 3.
Getting All Companions in Baldur’s Gate 3
After completing the initial tutorial stage, your character will wake up on a beach and you’ll be able to recruit your companions here. Make sure to explore the beach thoroughly before leaving, or you may find yourself at a combat disadvantage as you progress further.
Likely the first companion you’ll come across in Baldur’s Gate 3, she can be found just northwest of the crashed mindflayers’ ship where you encounter the small brain enemies. Be careful if you enter the combat encounter first, as it’s possible to lure the enemies to her and get Shadowheart killed if you don’t watch out for her health.
- Class: High Half-Elf Trickster Domain Cleric
- Location: Just northwest of the crashed mindflayers’ ship where the brain enemies are.
Gale is located very close to Shadowheart and the crashed ship, and he can be extremely helpful as a Wizard class in your party.
- Class: Human Wizard
- Location: Near the Roadside Cliffs waypoint right past the wreckage of the mindflayers’ ship.
As the first proper NPC you encounter in the tutorial, Lae’zel is feisty and abrasive, but also incredibly helpful as a party member if you need a melee fighter.
- Class: Githyanki Fighter
- Location: After finding Gale at the waypoint, head up north near the Cathedral Ruins to see her being held prisoner in a cage. Get past the enemies and shoot the base of the cage to free her.
Probably the most outlandish party member you’ll encounter in Baldur’s Gate 3, Astarion has spent most of his life as a vampire spawn in the night, and is only now learning how to live in the light.
- Class: High Elf Rogue
- Location: Just past the mindflayers’ ship, go up a short hill and look out for him calling for help.
Wyll may seem upright and stoic at a glance, but he’s got a pretty dark secret involving a pact with a devil.
- Class: Noble Human Warlock
- Location: You’ll need to progress through the story to recruit him. During the first chapter, complete the quest titled Removing the Parasite and you’ll be able to recruit Wyll after a fight against some goblins.
Just like in Divinity, your actions and dialogue choices will affect how your party members react to you, and may even determine whether they want to stay in your party or not. Depending on how you play the game, you may want to consider only recruiting three of them to avoid potential conflicts.
That’s all you need to know about how to get all companions in Baldur’s Gate 3. Be sure to search for Twinfinite for more tips and information on the game.
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Update Brings Several Improvements; Romance Statistics & More Shared
- Baldur’s Gate 3: Best Party Setup for Good Playthrough
- Baldur’s Gate 3: Best Party Setup for Evil Playthrough
- Baldur’s Gate 3: What the Max Level Cap Is
- Baldur’s Gate 3: How to Play Online Multiplayer with Friends