It’s the start of another new month, which means there are new things to look forward to in Animal Crossing New Horizons. This month, there are tons of new bugs and fishes you can catch in the game and add to your museum collection. Here’s everything you need to know about the Umbrella Octopus in Animal Crossing New Horizons, including how to catch it and how much you can sell it for.
Umbrella Octopus Spawn Times and Location in Animal Crossing New Horizons
Introduced with the first summer update, the Umbrella Octopus can only be caught via diving. We’ve listed its availability down below for both hemispheres:
- Northern hemisphere: March to May, September to November, all day
- Southern hemisphere: March to May, September to November, all day
How to Catch
The good news is that the Umbrella Octopus is going to be available for about six months each year, and it can be caught at all times of day, which means that you’ll have plenty of opportunities to catch it for yourself. The bad news, however, is that it’s a pretty rare spawn.
To catch it, you’ll first need to equip your diving suit, then head into the ocean with the A button. You’ll want to look out for a medium sized shadow with very few bubbles on the surface. It’s also a pretty fast moving shadow, so your best bet would be to stay on the surface of the water and swim towards it, and only dive down when you’re basically right on top of the shadow.
Your character will automatically catch it, and with any luck, you’ll catch yourself an Umbrella Octopus.
Because it’s a pretty rare spawn, you can bet that the Umbrella Octopus can be sold for a high price at Nook’s Cranny. The Nooklings will purchase it for a whopping 6,000 Bells, but as always, remember to donate your first one to the museum to expand the collection.
That’s all you need to know about how to catch the Umbrella Octopus in Animal Crossing New Horizons. Be sure to check our guide wiki for more tips and information on the game.
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get Wedding Items
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Turban Shell: How to Catch, Location, Sell Price
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Chambered Nautilus: How to Catch, Location, Sell Price
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Sturgeon: How to Catch, Location, Sell Price
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get Biden Signs