September is finally here, and the fall season is just beginning in Animal Crossing New Horizons. The leaves are changing, and there’s also a whole host of new bugs and fish for players to catch around their island. Here’s everything you need to know about the Sweet Shrimp in Animal Crossing New Horizons, including how to catch it and how much you can sell it for.
Sweet Shrimp Spawn Times and Location in Animal Crossing New Horizons
The Sweet Shrimp was introduced into the game with the first summer update, which allowed players to dive and explore the ocean in the game. Depending on which hemisphere your island is located in, the spawn times and months for it will vary. We’ve listed its availability down below for both hemispheres:
- Northern hemisphere: September to February, 4 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- Southern hemisphere: March to August, 4 p.m. to 9 a.m.
This means that at the time of writing, only northern hemisphere players will be able to catch it. If you’re in the southern hemisphere, you’ll either have to wait till March, or time travel.
The Sweet Shrimp can only be caught via diving. During its available times, equip your wet suit and get into the ocean with the A button. Then, look out for a medium sized shadow in the water. The Sweet Shrimp shadow will only have a few bubbles and will move relatively fast in the water, but you should be able to catch up to it as long as you don’t dive too soon.
Once you’re above the shadow, dive down and your character will automatically catch the critter.
Just like all other creatures in Animal Crossing New Horizons, the Sweet Shrimp can also be sold at Nook’s Cranny. It has a pretty hefty price tag as well, and you can get an easy 1,400 Bells for it. Just make sure to donate your first one to Blathers for your museum collection before selling it off.
That’s all you need to know about how to catch the Sweet Shrimp in Animal Crossing New Horizons. Be sure to check our guide wiki for more tips and information on the game.
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons