We love them, Blathers hates them. Insects in Animal Crossing New Horizons add a fun variety to your island’s wildlife and serve as a nice educational addition to your museum. They also come in such beautiful colors sometimes, like this month’s Red Dragonfly. In this guide we’re going to go over how to catch the Red Dragonfly, its location, sell price and more in Animal Crossing New Horizons. Let’s fly right into this guide.
Red Dragonfly Seasonality & Spawn Times
Depending on what hemisphere you are playing in, these are the times of year that the Red Dragonfly can be caught.
- Northern Hemisphere: September-October
- Southern Hemisphere: March-April
As long as you are playing in the respective months, the Red Dragonfly can be found between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Make sure to catch it while it’s on your island since it’s only around a couple of months a year.
How to Catch Red Dragonfly in Animal Crossing New Horizons
On to how you actually catch one of these “buggers.” Equip your bug net and make sure you’re holding it, approach the area where you have spotted a Red Dragonfly carefully but quickly and release your net when you are close enough to catch it!
There you have it– your very own Red Dragonfly! Hopefully it didn’t escape.
As mentioned above, you need to approach this bug quickly but carefully to be able to catch it. If you are too slow, it will fly away before you can get close enough to it.
Red Dragonfly Sell Price
If you’re looking to sell your Red Dragonfly, you can earn just 180 bells from the twins at Nook’s Cranny. If you wait until Flick is around, you can fetch a slightly nicer 270 bells!
There you have it– how to catch the Red Dragonfly on your island in Animal Crossing New Horizons. For some more tips and tricks, check out our wiki or see the related articles below.
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons