Your not-so-deserted island in Animal Crossing New Horizons is filled to the brim with a variety of critters to collect such as bugs, fishes, and even sea creatures at the bottom of the ocean. You can catch these and donate them to Blathers’ Museum, sell them, or keep them as a decorative item –it’s your call. If you’ve been attempting to get a certain fish, here’s how to catch a Dab in Animal Crossing New Horizons. And no, this dab is a type of fish and not this kind of dab.
Dab Spawn Times and Location in Animal Crossing New Horizons
The Dab shouldn’t be too hard to come across in Animal Crossing. Not only is it pretty common but you can find it during any time of the day. Make sure to fish in the sea though and not rivers or ponds. Here are the times of the year you can find it on your island.
- Northern Hemisphere: October to April
- Southern Hemisphere: April to September
Here’s its Critterpedia listing as well:
How to Catch
If you’ve been keeping up with Animal Crossing New Horizons since release, then you more than likely already know how to catch a fish, but if not, you just need to get a fishing rod equipped.
Press A when you see a shadow in the water and then press A again once the fish has latched on to your rod. You can always use bait too if you need help to get the fish to spawn more often.
If you want to unload this little sucker to Nook’s Cranny, you can earn 300 Bells (or 450 if you take it over to CJ).
Hopefully, that helped you catch a Dab in Animal Crossing New Horizons for the Switch. If you need more help catching all of the bugs and fishies, you can head over to our dedicated Guide Wiki.
- 12 Things You Didn’t Know About Animal Crossing
- More Free Content Is in Development for Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Says Nintendo
- Hokko Life Has a Long Way to Go Before It Can Compete With Animal Crossing
- Animal Crossing Player Gets Pascal’s Help Proposing to Girlfriend
- Animal Crossing & Pokemon Crossover With These Adorable Fan-Made Stickers