Microsoft Flight Simulator has has arrived as its final destination, your home, and prospective pilots will be able to see how they fare operating realistic planes across the entire world. If you’re here at this guide, you’re probably wondering how you can change your aircraft’s color skin, or as we say it in Microsoft Flight Simulator, livery. Here’s everything you need to know.
How to Change Aircraft Livery Color in Microsoft Flight Simulator
So here’s the deal, Microsoft Flight Simulator will allow you to change the livery color of your aircraft… eventually. Their full long term plan for how liveries, skins, color packs etc. will roll out in game is not entirely clear.
However, they are definitely being added in and in fact, a pack of free liveries titled “Aviators Club” will be available from Aug. 19 to Sept. 30 for those who are interested in picking that up and adding it to their collection. We’d highly suggest you do so as it may not be free after those dates.
Once you actually have an aircraft livery that you can switch to, you can do so by clicking on Aircraft Selection on the World Map of Microsoft Flight Simulator and then select Livery from there.
If you have any liveries available, they will be there and you can equip them to give your aircraft a new color or look.
And that’s pretty much all you need to know about how to change the livery color of your aircraft in Microsoft Flight Simulator for PC, Steam, and eventually Xbox as well.
For more tips, tricks and frequently asked questions answered, check out our Microsoft Flight Simulator guide wiki which is filled with useful articles designed to tackle the most common issues players are having when starting out.
Also, be sure to check out our fully scored review for our complete thoughts on Microsoft Flight Simulator. Giuseppe Nelva, a veteran of the series and the flight simulation genre, loved his time with the game.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator F-35, F-104, Airbus H145, & Pilatus Porter Get New Screenshots & Videos; Great Britain Central & Jackson Hole Released
- Microsoft Flight Simulator Jackson Hole Airport Releasing Tomorrow; O.R. Tambo & Ballina Byron Gateway Get New Screenshots
- Microsoft Flight Simulator Airbus A220 and F14 Tomcat Get Dev Updates; Manila City, Queenstown, Banjarmasin & Bodmin Airports Announced
- Microsoft Flight Simulator Hotfix Patch Coming Tomorrow; Hiroshima, Saga, & Fall City Airports & Abu Dhabi City Scenery Released
- Microsoft Flight Simulator Great Britain Central Scenery & Skiathos Airport Announced; Twin Otter & Airbus A380 Get New Screenshots