Patch 5.3 has finally dropped for Final Fantasy XIV, and it’s an exciting one. There are tons of big content additions here including the conclusion of the Shadowbringers story arc, the continuation of the YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse Alliance raid series, and the rework for A Realm Reborn. There are also a few new odds and ends that you might be interested in, like a new minion. Here’s how to get the Allagan Melon minion in FFXIV.
Getting the Allagan Melon Minion in FFXIV
First off, the new minion can’t be obtained straight away. It’s possible to purchase it off the marketboard or trade with another player, but if you want to obtain it yourself, you’ll need to wait for a while. The first thing you need to do is purchase the Allagan Melon Seeds, which are sold by these vendors:
- Apartment Merchant (Kobai Goten)
- Apartment Merchant (Lily Hills)
- Apartment Merchant: (Sultana’s Breath)
- Apartment Merchant (Topmast)
- Material Supplier (Lavender Beds)
- Material Supplier (Mist)
- Material Supplier (Shirogane)
- Material Supplier (The Goblet)
- Tanie (The Knot)
The Seeds can be bought from these merchant NPCs for 300 Gil each.
After that, you’ll need to plant the seeds at an estate. This can be in an apartment room, your FC private quarters, or your gardens in any housing estate. Once you’ve planted them, you’ll need to water them every day for seven days.
After a week has passed, the seeds will sprout and when you check on them, you’ll obtain the Allagan Melon minion itself. Just select it from your inventory and use it, and you’ll be able to summon it like any other minion in the game.
That’s all you need to know about how to get the Allagan Melon minion in FFXIV. Be sure to search for Twinfinite for more tips and information on the game.
- FFXIV Free Trial Restrictions (2020)
- FFXIV: All Chocobo Colors & How to Change Them
- FFXIV: How to Get & Use Unaspected Crystals
- FFXIV: How to Get the Insist Emote
- FFXIV: How to Get the Hraesvelgr Attire Coffer