Want to keep that loud-mouthed friend out of your nice and peaceful Modern Warfare multiplayer session, or you’re just tired of having random people join your party and be a nuisance? In this guide, we’ll talk you through the steps to change party privacy settings in Modern Warfare and Warzone, so you can play with the people you want without worrying about uninvited guests crashing the party.
Changing Party Privacy Settings in Modern Warfare & Warzone
There are three different Party Privacy options you can choose from in Modern Warfare. These are:
- Public – Everyone can see and join your party.
- Private – Players can see, but not join your party without an invite.
- Closed – Party closed, no invites allowed.
To change your party privacy setting, make your way to either the Warzone or Multiplayer mode menu in Modern Warfare. From here, press Triangle on PS4 or Y on Xbox One to open up the ‘Social’ settings.
Next, press R1/ RB to tab over to the ‘Party’ menu and then press and hold Square on PS4 or X on Xbox One to open ‘Party Settings.’ This can be seen just over to the right-hand side of the screen.
Now all you need to do is choose the party privacy setting that you want to change to and press X on PS4 or A on Xbox One to select it and confirm it. You should see a little orange circle next to the option you have selected, so you’ll know you’ve definitely changed it once this moves to your desired setting.
That’s all you need to know on how to change your party privacy settings on Modern Warfare and Warzone. For more tips, tricks, and guides, head on over to our Modern Warfare wiki, or check out more of our Warzone coverage below.
- Warzone: How to Fix Error Code 664640
- New Warzone Update Released to Fix Infinite Stim Glitch & Further Nerf DMR
- Warzone Infinite Stim Glitch Is Back & It’s Worse Than Ever
- Warzone: Best MAC-10 Loadout
- Warzone: Best Krig Loadout