Ghost of Tsushima is the latest AAA first-party exclusive for the PS4. Developed by Sucker Punch Productions, it follows the story of Jin, one of the remaining samurai who must wield his katana sword and slice his way through invading Mongol forces. It’s all very cinematic and clearly takes inspiration from Akira Kurosawa’s cinematic style. If you’re looking to cut right to the action, however, you may be wondering if it’s possible to skip through the cinematic cutscenes in Ghost of Tsushima.
Can You Skip Cutscenes in Ghost of Tsushima?
From our time with the game, it doesn’t appear as though you can skip cutscenes in Ghost of Tsushima.
In most first-party Sony exclusives for the PS4, players are able to skip cinematics or cutscenes by pressing Options on their PS4 controller and then selecting an option to ‘Skip Cutscene’ or ‘Skip Cinematic.’
In Ghost of Tsushima, there’s no option to do that. Instead, pressing Options during a cutscene will simply pause it, but you won’t have any option from here to skip through it and get right back to the gameplay.
That being said, it’s definitely not the worst thing in the world. Ghost of Tsushima’s story is pretty great and helps players empathize with Jin and his plight to fight off the Mongol invasion before it reaches the mainland. In that sense, you probably wouldn’t want to skip cutscenes in Ghost of Tsushima anyway!
That’s all you need to know on skipping cutscenes in Ghost of Tsushima. For more tips, tricks, and guides on the game, be sure to check out our ever-expanding guide wiki, or flick through more of our coverage below.
- The Last of Us Part II, Hades, & Ghost of Tsushima Lead Nominations for 2021 GDC Awards
- Ghost of Tsushima Actor Promises to Agree to Butt Nudity if He’s Chosen for the Film
- 5 Actors Who Could Totally Play Jin in The Ghost of Tsushima Movie
- Ghost of Tsushima Film Adaptation Announced, Directed by Chad Stahelski
- Ghost of Tsushima Dev on Respecting Japanese Culture & How Sony Allowed Sucker Punch to Take Its Time