As you explore the beautiful world in Ghost of Tsushima, you’ll stumble across some foxes that will lead you to shrines. Just as you would if you came across a cute dog in another open-world game, you’ll probably be fighting the urge to pet it if you’re a big soft like us! For those wondering, here’s everything you need to know about how to pet a fox in Ghost of Tsushima.
Unlike cute animals in other games, foxes do more than just wander around minding their own business in Ghost. Once you spot one, you can follow it to a shrine where you’ll be able to unlock things and set up a new fast travel location.
How to Pet a Fox in Ghost of Tsushima
You can’t pet a fox right away when you first see one. First, you’ll have to follow it to a shrine, honor the shrine, and then you’ll be able to say thank you to your fuzzy new friend.
To do so, approach it and press R2, at which point Jin will give the fox a quick pet before it heads back out into the world.
To then pet another, you’ll have to follow the process all over again, finding a fox out in the world, following it to a shrine, and pressing triangle once you’re near it.
You can also check out our full review for our thoughts on the game and we’ll have a whole host of features coming over the next few weeks to give you all the Ghost of Tsushima goodness you could need.
- Ghost of Tsushima Voted Game of the Year by Japanese Game Developers & More on Famitsu
- Ghost of Tsushima Fans Help Restore Torii Toppled by Typhoon in Real-World Tsushima
- Ghost of Tsushima Wins Player’s Voice Award at The Games Awards
- Ghost of Tsushima Getting Handsome Jin Sakai Figma Figure
- Watch the Show Inspired by Ghost of Tsushima on Japanese TV and Discover the Game’s Unique Setting