As you explore the beautiful world in Ghost of Tsushima, you’ll stumble across some foxes that will lead you to shrines. Just as you would if you came across a cute dog in another open-world game, you’ll probably be fighting the urge to pet it if you’re a big soft like us! For those wondering, here’s everything you need to know about how to pet a fox in Ghost of Tsushima.
Unlike cute animals in other games, foxes do more than just wander around minding their own business in Ghost. Once you spot one, you can follow it to a shrine where you’ll be able to unlock things and set up a new fast travel location.
How to Pet a Fox in Ghost of Tsushima
You can’t pet a fox right away when you first see one. First, you’ll have to follow it to a shrine, honor the shrine, and then you’ll be able to say thank you to your fuzzy new friend.
To do so, approach it and press R2, at which point Jin will give the fox a quick pet before it heads back out into the world.
To then pet another, you’ll have to follow the process all over again, finding a fox out in the world, following it to a shrine, and pressing triangle once you’re near it.
You can also check out our full review for our thoughts on the game and we’ll have a whole host of features coming over the next few weeks to give you all the Ghost of Tsushima goodness you could need.
- The Last of Us Part II, Hades, & Ghost of Tsushima Lead Nominations for 2021 GDC Awards
- Ghost of Tsushima Actor Promises to Agree to Butt Nudity if He’s Chosen for the Film
- 5 Actors Who Could Totally Play Jin in The Ghost of Tsushima Movie
- Ghost of Tsushima Film Adaptation Announced, Directed by Chad Stahelski
- Ghost of Tsushima Dev on Respecting Japanese Culture & How Sony Allowed Sucker Punch to Take Its Time