The Puffer Fish in Animal Crossing New Horizons can now be caught from the beginning of July. It’ll only show up for a few months, though, so you’ll want to make sure you catch it before its gone. In this Animal Crossing New Horizons Puffer Fish guide, we’ll run you through how to catch it, its spawn location, seasonality and spawn times, and how much you can sell it for.
Puffer Fish Seasonality & Spawn Times
The Puffer Fish can only be caught during the following months for the northern and southern hemispheres:
- Northern Hemisphere: July – September
- Southern Hemisphere: January – March
Catching the Puffer Fish in Animal Crossing New Horizons
To catch the Puffer Fish in Animal Crossing New Horizons, you’ll need to equip your fishing rod and make your way towards the sea. This can be any of the shores around your island, so don’t worry about going to a specific one.
The Puffer Fish has a medium-sized shadow, so it should be fairly easy to spot amidst all the Sea Bass plaguing the water. When you see a medium-sized shadow, cast out your fishing rod towards it.
When the fish bites and your float disappears from the top of the water, press A to reel it in. The fish will splash around in the water before your villager yanks it into its hands.
If you’re struggling to get fish shadows to spawn, remember you can always use Fishing Bait. This forces a fish to spawn wherever you use it.
Puffer Fish Sell Price
The Puffer Fish can be sold for 250 Bells at Nook’s Cranny.
If CJ shows up on your island, he’ll buy fish off you for 1.5x their normal selling price. He’ll buy a Puffer Fish off you for 375 Bells.
Check out the full list of new July bugs and fish that can be caught in Animal Crossing New Horizons now!
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons