The Napoleonfish is one of the new critters you can catch now that it’s July in Animal Crossing New Horizons. As one of the rarer fish you can find lurking out in the waters, you may need a hand catching one. In this guide, we’ll talk you through how to catch a Napoleonfish in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, including where it spawns and how much it sells for.
Napoleonfish Seasonality & Spawn Times
The Napoleonfish can only be caught during the following months for each hemisphere.
- Northern Hemisphere: July – August
- Southern Hemisphere: January – February
Like a lot of the other rare fish in the game, you’ll need to go fishing during specific times of the day to catch one. For the Napoleonfish, you’ll need to fish any time between 4am and 9pm.
Catching the Napoleonfish in Animal Crossing New Horizons
The Napoleonfish can be found out in the Sea surrounding your island. To catch one, equip your fishing rod and stock up on fishing bait before making your way to any of the beachy shores on your island.
From there, look out for very large fish shadows in the water. When you see one, cast out your rod just in front of its face. When the fish bites and your float disappears under the water, press A once quickly to reel it in. Press A multiple times and you’ll cancel your catch, so make sure not to accidentally do this!
As we noted above, if you’re struggling to get large fish shadows to spawn in the sea, remember to use Fishing Bait. It forces a fish to spawn in that area, and with a bit of luck, it’ll be a Napoleonfish.
Napoleonfish Sell Price
The Napoleonfish can be sold for 10,000 Bells at Nook’s Cranny to either Timmy or Tommy.
If CJ shows up on your island, he’ll buy your fish for 1.5x their normal selling price, meaning you can sell it to him for 15,000 Bells.
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons