While the new update allowing for players to swim (finally) is occupying most minds, we’ve got something else on ours! It’s the season of Tanabata in Japan, also known as the Star Festival, a celebration of the meeting of deities Orihime and Hikoboshi.
With it has come a brand new seasonal item (available until 31 July) in New Horizons. Bamboo grass! It’s beautiful and you can even interact with it for a special surprise– you can read a piece of tanzaku, one of the colorful pieces of paper hanging off the bamboo. These special papers are traditionally filled with wishes and placed on a stalk of bamboo during Tanabata.
How to Get Bamboo Grass in Animal Crossing New Horizons
To participate in your very own virtual Tanabata celebration, head over to your Nook Stop terminal inside the Resident Services building on your island.
Then go into Nook Shopping and the Seasonal items tab to buy your bamboo grass for 3,080 bells.
There you have it! In just a day you’ll receive your bamboo grass in the mailbox and get to open up a wish.
The inclusion of this seasonal item in New Horizons is especially significant as Tanabata was a region-locked observance on previous Animal Crossing titles, only accessible by players with Japanese versions of the game. Now it seems players from all over the world get to participate and honor the tradition! What wish will you get to open?
That’s all you need to know about how to get bamboo grass in Animal Crossing New Horizons. Be sure to check our guide wiki for more tips and information on the game.
- Animal Crossing Amiibo Cards 6-Pack Series 5 Now Available to Pre-order
- Animal Crossing Happy Home Paradise Is New Horizons’ Upcoming Paid DLC
- Free Animal Crossing: New Horizons 2.0 Update Adds Familiar Faces and Loads of Content
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Direct to Air About 20 Minutes of Content Next Week
- Moonglow Bay Was Inspired by Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, Manga, and Anime