The last big update brought diving to Animal Crossing New Horizons, and we have been loving it. The feeling of finally getting to get out and into the water to collect even more cool creatures like the Flatworm for our museum has been exciting. In this guide we’re going to go over how to catch the Flatworm, its location, sell price and more in Animal Crossing New Horizons. Let’s dive right into the guide.
Flatworm Seasonality & Spawn Times
Depending on what hemisphere you are playing in, these are the times of year that the Flatworm can be caught.
- Northern Hemisphere: August-September
- Southern Hemisphere: February-March
As long as you are playing in the respective months, the Flatworm can be found between 4pm and 9am. Make sure to catch it while it’s on your island since it’s only around a couple of months a year.
Catching the Flatworm in Animal Crossing New Horizons
On to how you actually catch one of these. Put on your Wet Suit, approach any part of the sea on your island, and walk in. You might need to swim a little bit away from the shore to spot the small shadow and few bubbles. This may be the Flatworm!
Dive underneath the water above the shadow by pressing Y and your character should pull up the creature from below. The small shadow hopefully turned out to be the Flatworm.
Make sure to keep diving above any small shadows and bubbles if you have no luck catching the Flatworm your first time.
Flatworm Sell Price
If you’re looking to sell your Flatworm, you can earn just 200 bells from the twins at Nook’s Cranny. Unfortunately you won’t be able to sell it to C.J. as he only takes fish, not sea creatures (from diving).
There you have it– how to catch the small Flatworm on your island in Animal Crossing New Horizons. For some more tips and tricks, check out our wiki or see the related articles below.
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons